Radisson Cable Beach?

deputy836

Hi there. Has anyone been to this hotel? We are spending along day in Nassau and after looking at many sites and photos of the hotels on Cable Beach...this one looks beautiful. Very nice pool areas and seemingly nice beach. Can we get a day pass just to use pools and beach? Is it next door to the Nassau Beach hotel, and the Wyndham...(i know they are all sister properties..but are they next to one another?) Can we use all three locations for one price? We will be starting our day at Ardastra Gardens, then Arawak Cay for some food, the beaches and pools for the remainder of the day...and a quick stop at the Straw Market...(what time does the straw Market close?) Thanks to all who answer!!!!

Dee

We were in Nassau on April 1st and took the #10 jitney for $1.00 to the Wyndham. Once there, we paid $15 a piece for a wristband. The beach is crowded and there's not much beach. There is a very pricey bar and a dee-jay. The pool area was nice but really cold! Last year when we went to Nassau we went to the British Colonial Hilton. This was quieter and not as crowded, and it also had a pool and bar area. Hope this helps! Have a great time.

• 4 weeks later...

just back cable beach was ok, to much hassel , we didn;t have a wrist band, so we stayed in the water to hide our wrist. looked beautiful comin in on the ship , its to the far right.. real blue. took the 10# jitney there 1.50 pp. beach was al cut up .. not to much place to be in water...we saw a couple public beaches right befor e cable beach , should have gone there and the beach right next to the colonial hotel right there. across from the ships. just walk past that hotel and you can catch jitney to cable beach . we then took water taxi to atlantis, it has changed alot , shoppin every where. we were there around 4 ish and there was no gaurds to stop you from goin to the beach saw more this time , probably cuz it was later. would probably go to the beach on the side of atlantis. free and then go over to atlantis... water taxi doesn't leave til its full can be a long wait... just get it one way and take a taxi back same price....:rolleyes:

Hi there. Has anyone been to this hotel? We are spending along day in Nassau and after looking at many sites and photos of the hotels on Cable Beach...this one looks beautiful. Very nice pool areas and seemingly nice beach. Can we get a day pass just to use pools and beach? Is it next door to the Nassau Beach hotel, and the Wyndham...(i know they are all sister properties..but are they next to one another?) Can we use all three locations for one price? We will be starting our day at Ardastra Gardens, then Arawak Cay for some food, the beaches and pools for the remainder of the day...and a quick stop at the Straw Market...(what time does the straw Market close?) Thanks to all who answer!!!!

Dee

Since the radisson is currently an all inclusive, it's not open to the public. THis may change when the sheraton take over next month.. but we don't know for sure.

Wyndham, has a nice pool, but a small lagoon for swimming. Next door is the Nassau Beach hotel will a long expansive beach.. Wynddam guest can use this property, as they are all part of the cable Beach resorts.

Straw market closes at 5pm.

has the price of the jitney gone up to $1.50. Not that it matters to me as it's still a bargain if it has. I just want to keep my facts straight when I recommend transportation.

Bill

Jitney is still $1 to most tourist locations, but can go up to $2 to some locations such as the Bacardi Factory.

Some drivers charge $1.50 to Sandyport and Compass Point as well.

We just got back form our cruise on SOS to the Bahamas (May 7-11).We missed Coco Cay because of rough seas.I can't complain because we docked in the Bahamas overnight.We went to the Wyndham Wed May 9th.We had so much fun.It was one of our favorite things we did in Nassau.We took the # 10 Bus to the hotel.It let us off across the street from the hotel.To me the bus was not much different from the cab.Maybe a little more crammed,but do not be afraid to try it.I would take it again.It was quick,easy and cheap transportation. I was not worried at all on either the bus or the cabs.The drivers were helpful and nice. We paid 1.00pp for the bus 4pp for the cab.Yes, the other hotel are one stop after another on the bus.I would not try to walk from one place to the other.Buses run about every 15 mins.It was about 20 mins or so from where we got on the bus to Cable beach.The hotel is very nice and I would highly recommend it.We could not understand why anyone would pay for a day pass before we got ours.It was so worth it There are three different shapes pools,one has a water slide and water fall and the other one we seen didn't, but was had a cool shape,floats,towels,sunblock,chairs on the beach and by the pool were included. The water was a little cool, but we did not mind.Plus it was on the cooler side when we visited.The beach was not backed at all when we went and the pool only had about 10 people in it too.We had no problem getting floats either.Drinks were expensive in my opinion though, but they give you a huge cup to take home.Kinda like the alien ones at carnivals if you know what I am taking about.A fellow cruiser when to the beach at Paradise island the same day and said there were huge waves and the could not enjoy the beach.If she wanted chairs they had to pay for them too.The beach water was extremely pretty and pretty warm.No big waves and it was very clean.They also have water sports for an extra price and t-shirts/hand bags etc. They were not to pushy with us when we said no to any extras.The water sports are not though the hotel.Don't count on the sunblock either.We seen it where you get towels,but I think someone probably left it behind.For 15.00pp Wyndham at Cable beach has my vote.We hope to go back soon.It is so nice to go back and forth from the beach to the pool and just relax :D.Please let me know if you have questions.It might take a couple day for me to answer, but if I can help I would be more then happy too.

Archived