Aurea Experience

Tracejust

New to MSC and will be sailing the Meraviglia in a Balcony, Aurea Experience in October out of Naples. Was wondering if someone could explain the drinks package. What will be included and what can I expect to not be included. It states - Unlimited drinks included (Allegrissimo! package). Read where you can't use certain packages in restaurants and other conflicting information, something about upgrading? Is there a better package I could upgrade to that would give me more options? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can/might be able to upgrade to the deluxe/premium package at a specified cost but would need to pay for all. I've not heard anyone who has been on meraviglia talk about this but it's possible. If you look on Beamafar posts from Meraviglia she's published drinks menus anything without an asterisk next to it is covered on the basic package, if it has asingle asterisk it's covered by the deluxe/premium package as well. Anything with two asterisks is t covered by any package.

It covers ice creams, sodas, coffees etc in certain bar/lounges ( but not all ).

I think someone posted an example of upgrade costs for the Davina and it looked quite expensive to me.

New to MSC and will be sailing the Meraviglia in a Balcony, Aurea Experience in October out of Naples. Was wondering if someone could explain the drinks package. What will be included and what can I expect to not be included. It states - Unlimited drinks included (Allegrissimo! package). Read where you can't use certain packages in restaurants and other conflicting information, something about upgrading? Is there a better package I could upgrade to that would give me more options? Thanks

The Allegrissimo, Now called the "All Inclusive Restaurant and Bars package" can be used quote:- whenever you like, wherever you like, every day of your cruise.

upgrading to the deluxe package is currently €18 per person per day.

for that you get additionally

1) a greater selection of wines

2) free mini bar

3) more premium brand spirits

4) items from the patisserie shop

5) items on the room service menu

6) bottled beers

6) a greater selection of cocktails, I believe it includes champagne cocktails

Pete

Hi, I tried to upgrade from All inclusive pkg on my last 2 cruise in Mediterranean in June and MSC said no way , only if I bought the prem. pkg and regular pricing .... The Aurea Pkg is totally not forth the extra money, the wine selection had to be the WORST wine I had ever drank... one glass was enough.....

Hi, I tried to upgrade from All inclusive pkg on my last 2 cruise in Mediterranean in June and MSC said no way , only if I bought the prem. pkg and regular pricing .... The Aurea Pkg is totally not forth the extra money, the wine selection had to be the WORST wine I had ever drank... one glass was enough.....

another case of MSC not knowing what they are doing

see the boxes next to bottom of this image, which I took myself

024-001.jpg

Thanks Skier it was that picture I'd seen. Personally I think the Aurea package IS worth it ( perhaps dependent on which ship you're on). It gives you an opportunity to select a better cabin, use of spa facilities, massage included, free access to top sun deck, mychoice dining and of course the drinks package. I accept that if you do like a good choice of higher quality drinks it may not be ideal but generally speaking I think it's a good package from an all inclusive perspective .

Thanks Skier it was that picture I'd seen. Personally I think the Aurea package IS worth it ( perhaps dependent on which ship you're on). It gives you an opportunity to select a better cabin, use of spa facilities, massage included, free access to top sun deck, mychoice dining and of course the drinks package. I accept that if you do like a good choice of higher quality drinks it may not be ideal but generally speaking I think it's a good package from an all inclusive perspective .

I agree - from what I've seen the included drinks package with Aurea is probably one of the most generous I've seen - however not if you drink beer or wine!

We are happy with the cocktails on offer [emoji4]

upgrading to the deluxe package is currently €18 per person per day.

Pete

The deluxe has increased in price to €50 pppd, so the difference (€50-€26) is now €24 pppd to upgrade - plus 15% service charge if done onboard.

We've never had a problem upgrading our drinks packages onboard. We had the basic included in our fare for our February cruise on Fantasia. There were crew at the entrance to the elevators after we boarded selling packages and upgrades. We upgraded with one of them.

I didn't see any of those cards that Skier52 has shown a picture of in post #5 on Meraviglia, though. But we were in Yacht Club and they wouldn't have them there.

I posted pics of the most comprehensive bar menu on Meraviglia from the Infinity bar. Posts # 71 - 73:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511337&page=4

Everything without asterisks is included in the basic drinks package; items with 1 asterisk are included in the deluxe (premium) package and items with 2 asterisks aren't included in any package.

I agree that the wines offered on the basic package are woeful which is why I usually upgrade, even though DH only drinks draught Heineken onboard so the basic package suits him. With the price increase, though, I think we'll be sticking with the basic package in future and buying wine as we go along. An upgrade would cost us €432 on our next cruise and €528 on the one after that. I could buy much nicer wines for the duration and still save money!

Edited by Beamafar