9th July - WEEK FANTASTIQUE W124

deano75

Hi eveyone. I have this posted in P&O roll call too so drop by and say hi.

My wife and I are booked on this cruise with our children. We did the same cruise a year and a half back but on the sun. We had a blast!

We just got off Rhapsody of the Seas today from a 2 week cruise to Fiji and it was so good to meet up with great people using the roll call.

Come join the party:D

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are booked on this cruise with our children. We did the same cruise a year and a half back but on the sun. We had a blast!

We just got off Rhapsody of the Seas today from a 2 week cruise to Fiji and it was so good to meet up with great people using the roll call.

Wish I could come and join your party. Hope you, Robyn and the kids have a wonderful time. We are looking at doing the Pearl now in Nov, which should be good. Hope you get some roll call mates soon.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Not me unfortunately, I love the Dawn :)....however we are going on the Jewel (J123) on 25th July :) really looking forward to this cruise after the last one was cancelled, I think we really need a holiday now :)

Not me unfortunately, I love the Dawn :)....however we are going on the Jewel (J123) on 25th July :) really looking forward to this cruise after the last one was cancelled, I think we really need a holiday now :)

Thanks for dropping by. You will love the Jewel although the staff on the sun and dawn are more up-beat and friendlier - but thats just our opinion. We just got off the Rhapsody and we are missing our wonderfull rollcall friends dreadfully:(

Have a great time on the Jewel........ come on Dawn sailors - lets get the ship rockin:D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Deno75. Sorry but you don't have the ship to yourselves. You'll have to share it with at least one other family....us :)

My family and I are cruise virgins :eek: and are really looking forward to our trip. Our daughter, Cassie, is 8 years old and of course is always keen to make more friends. How old are your kiddos ?

Hi Deno75. Sorry but you don't have the ship to yourselves. You'll have to share it with at least one other family....us :)

My family and I are cruise virgins :eek: and are really looking forward to our trip. Our daughter, Cassie, is 8 years old and of course is always keen to make more friends. How old are your kiddos ?

Hip, hip, horay..... there is people joining this cruise:) Welcome aboard!

So first cruise hey?.... you guys will have a ball. And as for your daughter Cassie - you wont see her once u sign up for the kids club.... they all love it!

We are taking 3 of our children with us. 13, 16 and 18.

We did the same itinery last year but on the Pacific Sun. Any questions..... fire away!

Love to catch up for a drink onboard. Robyn is my wife and of cause I am Dean. Stay in touch for the count down:)

Look! You got one too! YAY :D

Yes Andrew. its exciting after all this time..... not like our Rhapsody of the seas one though:(

Yes Andrew. its exciting after all this time..... not like our Rhapsody of the seas one though:(

-----------

Come, come now Dean. You haven't even met us yet. We may be worth more than that whole shipload of Rhapsodieeeeees ;)

Looking forward to meeting you guys. BTW I'm Sarah, hubby is Darren and the gorgeous Cassie has already been introduced.

-----------

Come, come now Dean. You haven't even met us yet. We may be worth more than that whole shipload of Rhapsodieeeeees ;)

Looking forward to meeting you guys. BTW I'm Sarah, hubby is Darren and the gorgeous Cassie has already been introduced.

Haha very true about not meeting yet but I am sure you guys will be fun to meet up with. Sorry to rave over the Rhapsody crew, however, there was a huge group of us(aprrox 30) chatting away for just over a year before sailing so as you could imagine we formed wonderful, wonderful friendships and lots of laughs and drinks onbaord:D

Robyn and I are both very easy going people in our mid 30's (well I am) Robyn is the 40's. We live on the South Coast of Wollongong and are in the Education System (teaching for me, admin for Robyn)

Do u guys like to party? There is lots of that onaboard..... bring on the Pina Coladas that the sailaway party......... and that is one of the highlights of the cruise - the sailaway party on pool deck:D

-----------

Haha very true about not meeting yet but I am sure you guys will be fun to meet up with. Sorry to rave over the Rhapsody crew, however, there was a huge group of us(aprrox 30) chatting away for just over a year before sailing so as you could imagine we formed wonderful, wonderful friendships and lots of laughs and drinks onbaord:D

Robyn and I are both very easy going people in our mid 30's (well I am) Robyn is the 40's. We live on the South Coast of Wollongong and are in the Education System (teaching for me, admin for Robyn)

Do u guys like to party? There is lots of that onaboard..... bring on the Pina Coladas that the sailaway party......... and that is one of the highlights of the cruise - the sailaway party on pool deck:D

Oh come on we were the best group EVER! lol..... Yes plenty of Foofy drinks at sailaway.... Hope you guys have a fantastic time... :D

Over a year ???? Well according to your counter we have just over thirty days to cover the same ground. Time to get personal !!! (as per Cam Diaz, My Best Friend's Wedding). Cruise Critic's version of speed dating....lol.....let's go !

My husband and I just celebrated our joint 85th. You may divide up the years as you see fit. A clue is my husband says I act like a 25 year old and I say he acts like a 65 year old.... almost as good as Brynne and Dr Edelsten ;)

Speaking of which.....dancing..... I hope someone else likes dancing as hubby has 5 left feet. I'm going to be at The Dome every night possible dancing the night away....and hopefully the calories I put on from the buffet. Darren is training for the Run Melbourne Fun Run which is on the day after we return home, so you'll probably see him doing laps around the Sun Deck and his normal red wine consumption may be down for the week. But me I'm all for "foofy' drinks at Sailaway :)

Jobwise, Darren is a computer nerd and I am presently one of those old frumpy housewives with nothing better to do than post on cruise boards :P (Previously an accountant, then travelled Asia for 10 1/2 years with hubby :O :O then studied dance with the 18-20 year olds :O :O :O ....)

Personalities, hmmmm.... Darren isn't a huge talker (can't get anything in sideways with me around), likes to sit back and watch but can get along with anyone....that's why he is married to me (and we've been together 21 years...yeah, I know scary). Me, talk too much, into pretty much anything, a bit on the anal side but give me a foofie and I'll be right.

Finally, let me pick your old timer brain a little. Noumea, 3pm arrival *yuk* is there time for a do-it-yourself bus/taxi to Ansa Vata beach....then boat taxi to Duck Island for short snorkel or will that be a bit too ambitious to get in before nightfall ? Is it safe to be taking buses at around 7pm...or are there any buses even running ?

Anyway got to trot and do my other housewifely duties (like check Facebook). See you around ! PS I think Anderss22 is kidding himself ;)

You have bloody stumped me now....... never get cryptics right:mad:..... I'm just the cooking teacher not a maths one.

As for the fitness - I can assure there is no exercises for me other then taking the stair onboard.

Foofy... haha thats what we called them I remember now.... thanks Andrew(Anderss22):D

Yes, yes and yes to all the dancing at the Dome....bring it on! Bec my daughter just turned 18 and she is a lover of parties too!

Noumea - yes it is safe and you will have time to get over to the beach. Not sure about Duck island. Last time we were there we did the cultral center (book with P&O) it was boring and not recommend. All the tours and transport can be done onshore and is much cheaper than booking on the ship. Also take your own snorkle, flippers and googles ase they are very dear to hire onboard.

....... start the conga line:D

You have bloody stumped me now....... never get cryptics right:mad:..... I'm just the cooking teacher not a maths one.

As for the fitness - I can assure there is no exercises for me other then taking the stair onboard.

Foofy... haha thats what we called them I remember now.... thanks Andrew(Anderss22):D

Yes, yes and yes to all the dancing at the Dome....bring it on! Bec my daughter just turned 18 and she is a lover of parties too!

Noumea - yes it is safe and you will have time to get over to the beach. Not sure about Duck island. Last time we were there we did the cultral center (book with P&O) it was boring and not recommend. All the tours and transport can be done onshore and is much cheaper than booking on the ship. Also take your own snorkle, flippers and googles ase they are very dear to hire onboard.

....... start the conga line:D

Dont forget the Foofy Drinks... LOL..... Well it sure looks like your thread has finally taken off. Im happy for you.. Mine is still very much dead in the water with only one comment... Never mind. Anyhoo I hope that you get many more people joining and chatting. :)

Sweetheart, you guys may just have to jump ship and join us on the W124 :) if you have a penchance for fun. That or watch paint dry, watch grass grow (yes, some of your threads have now been officially stalked) or a personal favourite of mine on a slow day, watch kettles boil. *sigh* Life on a ship without us ;)

OOOOhhhhh....he cooks, he dances....you aren't by any chance in possession of a French accent, a rather wicked sense of humour and named Manu ? (Him and Nadal are my fantasy men O)

85 years between them......ummmm is she 1 year old and he 84 or is he 25 and she 60... or perhaps they are both 42.5 ? I can hear your brain ticking. Is Robyn an administrative maths whizz? What does she think ? (Perhaps that this is all rather juvenile ?). I think this is turning into quite a good game. A bit of mystique...something to ponder...until you meet "Sunset" either dressed in diapers or sporting a walking stick at sailaway.....ha!

Dancing in the Dome IS exercise, so is the conga, stairs are good......but we might have to drag you to a belly dancing class.....or perhaps pole dancing :O (sorry, couldn't help myself) ...even better dancing on the bingo tables! You'll have so much fun you'll forget you're in fact exercising. Hey, game #2. Let's see who can have the biggest weight change in 7 days...up or down. Winner gets a free foofy.

Snorkel gear packed, reef shoes too. Are you interested in Buggying through the mud in Vanuatu? Looks like a buzz.

Blaaahaha..... me french? The only accent I have is when I have bad a few foofies! And as for the sporting body shape..... well you wont miss me!

Your on... with the belly dancing and pole dancing as I am far from shy when the entertainment is good value.:)+foofies:D. Oh and the bingo onboard is so fun.

Buggying in Vanuatu.... have not given it a thought. The first time we did a tour the whole island booked through the ship. The second time we hired a taxi for about 100 bucks aus for the day and got him to take us where we wanted to. So for the 3rd.. not sure yet:confused:

Sweetheart, you guys may just have to jump ship and join us on the W124 :) if you have a penchance for fun. That or watch paint dry, watch grass grow (yes, some of your threads have now been officially stalked) or a personal favourite of mine on a slow day, watch kettles boil. *sigh* Life on a ship without us ;)

I second that...... our ship is better then their ship:D

Blaaahaha..... me french? The only accent I have is when I have bad a few foofies! And as for the sporting body shape..... well you wont miss me!

Your on... with the belly dancing and pole dancing as I am far from shy when the entertainment is good value.+foofies. Oh and the bingo onboard is so fun.

Buggying in Vanuatu.... have not given it a thought. The first time we did a tour the whole island booked through the ship. The second time we hired a taxi for about 100 bucks aus for the day and got him to take us where we wanted to. So for the 3rd.. not sure yet

I second that...... our ship is better then their ship

-------------------

This is getting quite addictive.OMG now I have to check not only my email and Facebook but CC as well :)

Well, can't win 'em all. I'm sure Robyn sees you as perfect...when she has her rose-coloured glasses on ;). As for me Manu will just have to do:rolleyes:. My idea that Bingo was only for people over 65 was dispelled long ago. Pity for Darren though, he would have liked the similar aged company :p:D:confused: It's true about Aqua-aerobics though, but boy those seniors sure are strong and gave me a run for my money when I was preggers !

I emailed "Off Road Adventures" as I was rather concerned whether we could make the tour's 8.30AM start after only arriving in Vila at 8AM. They said they get plenty of cruise customers and have never had a problem (they are a 5-10 min bus/taxi ride away from port) They said they will wait until 9AM. Do you think this is adequate if we arrive on time? How long does it usually take to get off the ship? If we have privilege disembarkation rights does this make a difference ?

I'm just baiting Anders22....BTW does this mean he is 22 and you are 75 Deano075....lol !

-------------------

This is getting quite addictive.OMG now I have to check not only my email and Facebook but CC as well :)

Well, can't win 'em all. I'm sure Robyn sees you as perfect...when she has her rose-coloured glasses on ;). As for me Manu will just have to do:rolleyes:. My idea that Bingo was only for people over 65 was dispelled long ago. Pity for Darren though, he would have liked the similar aged company. It's true about Aqua-aerobics though, but boy those seniors sure are strong and gave me a run for my money when I was preggers !

I emailed "Off Road Adventures" as I was rather concerned whether we could make the tour's 8.30AM start after only arriving in Vila at 8AM. They said they get plenty of cruise customers and have never had a problem (they are a 5-10 min bus/taxi ride away from port) They said they will wait until 9AM. Do you think this is adequate if we arrive on time? How long does it usually take to get off the ship? If we have privilege disembarkation rights does this make a difference ?

I'm just baiting Anders22....BTW does this mean he is 22 and you are 75 Deano075....lol !

75??? Your getting checky earlier in the peace...... thank god we are speed roll calling:p

We had a little laugh about the rose coloured glasses - Robyn often uses that saying:D

Getting off the ship in Vila and Neumea is a quick process as you walk off the ship using the gang ways and they usually have a few open. No passprts are stamped or anything llike that so it a rather quick indead - just swip your cruise card and off you go! I think you will have the time if we are ontime - we have never been late and there is about a 1km long chain of taxis to bartar with in Vila.

Bye the way one of Robyns work mates have just book on the same cruise so we have extra partiers:D Although her hubby doesnt drink but thats ok... I'll have his share

....... start that conga line

:DYou guys sound like you guys are going to have alot of fun.

Im not on this cruise but ill be doing the same one in aug, and so far its just me and my mum on it:D

Ill be interested in finding out everything about your cruise once you get back so please leave a long review:D

--------------

Speed roll calling etiquette gives us a very wide berth

Excited that we, according to my anal calculations, have increased our numbers by 20% (assuming the newbies are travelling child-free). Have a feeling we are on a roll....a s-p-e-e-d roll that is

Can we get them on to CC too?

oh a maths wizz too.... hence your cryptic clues earlier:confused:

Currency questions. I've heard taxi/bus fares have to be paid in local currency XPF in Noumea. Has this been your experience? I've also heard that AUD are accepted just about everywhere in Vila, Vanuatu. Does this apply to taxi/bus fares ?

Tipping question. What's the deal with tipping on the Pacific Dawn ?

Thanks.

Yes this is correct in Noumea - they will not take AUD. Same currency in Lifou but they will take AUD as well although you dont need very much here as there is nothing other then a very small local market with small crafts to buy. Anywhere in Vanuatu will take AUD too and any change given back in AUD although I am not sure if thier conversions are that great so last time in Vila (Feb) we exhanged before we went due to the great exchange rate.

Tipping - P&O used to add a charge to your cruise accout per person per day to cover tipping. I think they have stopped this, however if they havent you ask to have it stopped onboard at the pursers desk - we do that.... and just tip our cabin steward and table waiter at the end of the trip. Tipping is, a personal thing so each to their own. I think the cabin attendents works the hardest:)

May have found another one of us :)

Noosacruiser where are yoooooooooooooou ?

yes, yes, come out, come out, where ever you are:D

Sadly Noosacruiser is on the 2nd July Week Fantastique, but if we can't find more friends on the ship we might have to work on our social skills a little

Started packing and been shopping today for some new cocktail dresses for the formal nights. Do you wear a full suit or just a shirt, tie and jacket ? I'm not sure what to pack for Darren. Guess he should wear something that's compatible with my outfit....unless I'm trying to distance myself from him LOL ! Do 8 year old kids dress up too ?

Lanyards. I found some $2 ones but they were pretty crappy and looked like they might fall apart after the first day. I wouldn't mind paying $8 for a souvenir P&O/ Pacific Dawn one, if they exist, since I use a lanyard everyday anyway.

I've been reading around the boards and am getting a bit nervous about my flight to Brisbane as we are flying on the day we set sail (arrival 10.15AM) Our tickets can't be changed to the day before, so I'd have to buy new tickets. The recent volcanic ash mess is making my nervousness worse.

There's insurance, but I don't want to miss my cruise!!!!! Do you think I should be worried or just need to drink a couple of pre-cruise foofies ?

Final question for this post. I'm addicted to diet softdrink and have to drink 1/2 to 1 litre per day or I grow three heads, 5 extra arms, an extra breast (sorry again, but I have to keep this thread's readership up :rolleyes:) and a bouffant hairstyle shortly before melting like the witch in the Wizard of Oz.

I doubt the ship will supply anything else but diet Coke BUT I can't survive on diet Coke all week. The supermarket has diet creamy soda, lemonade, ginger ale, Sunkist etc. Will I be able to lug 5-7 bottles of diet softdrink onboard or will they confiscate it ?

Thanks for all the info on currency and tips :)

It's getting closer......

Oh well Noosacruiser can wave to us as we walk on.... Social skills??? Bring and the foofies - thats all I will say about social skills other then who's shout?

Now this is where I put a stop to you and your non-alcohol drinking habits..... I can deal with three heads, 5 extra arms, an extra breast but I will not tolerate a bouffant hairstyle so lucky for us you will be ok taking on the cans of diet drink - if they say anything tell them you are diabetic:)

Not sure if you have heard of rum runners?.... I ordered these off the net last year and are great way to get alcohol onboard that can not be detected when boarding:D http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

Formal nights - this is varied. Some do wear suits (not many) and most (like me) just wear long pants with a collared shirt and tie. Same with the woman - some go way out but most wear cocktail dresses not the traditional formal style. As for the kids my boys just wear jeans and a collared shirt. Our girls are late teens so they like to put a little effort into it. We will have 2 formal nights on ours + an island night (which is a blast so be prepared) and either a 70's or country and western or even both:confused:

We were flying on the morning of the cruise, however, Tiger has change their times so we now have to fly the day before.

Lanyards - dont worry you can buy these onboard but a small tip (another foofie owed) is to buy them at the peir (where the shops are) for half the price then onboard:D

........start the conga line!

---------------------

Rum runners ? Diabetic ? You obviously are very wicked *I like ;)*

Hate to disappoint but I have to minimise my alcohol consumption except for the *essential* foofies (officially 'frou frou' drinks, I hear) at cocktail nights/sailaways as not recommended with my smarties (meds). A shot of cold caffeine (that is, Coca cola) has almost the same effect on me anyway.... except I walk a bit straighter :rolleyes:. I talk about such things as growing extra breasts when I'm 100% sober. Do you really want to hear what I have to say after drinking one of those rum filled blood transfusion bags full of rum? :eek:...Thought not !

What do people wear for island night beside hula hula skirts and coconuts? I doubt my belly will be fit for viewing after 3 days of cruise food......but then again, showing off pregnant bellies is becoming quite the thing post Demi Moore's Vanity Fair cover. Perhaps a floral sundress with a fake hibiscus in my hair.....hmmmm... I do have a cowboy hat for Western night but I don't want to lug it along. Have to think about that. 70s night....oh, bring my diapers (another clue :eek:).

You should see my packing. It's hilarious. Every elasticised dress, pair of pants and shorts have been pulled out of the wardrobe for consideration.

Swimsuits for day 1&2 bikini & sexy full piece with bits missing, day 3 tankini (it's growing), day 4&5 black full piece with coverall and sarong. Day 6&7 anything.... just as long as I accompany it with dark sunglasses :cool: and a big hat so no one will recognise me....LOL

Did Tiger Airways compensate you for a nights accommodation ? Darren reckons they're a bit dodgy but we are using them on the way back. We're flying up Qantas (hopefully less chance of missing the ship). Make sure you check in over the internet at least 24 hours before (up to 7 days before) for Tiger. If you rock up to the counter on the day they charge you $25/person. (You owe me a foofy if you didn't already know this).

Well better leave the conga line for tonight, better go upstairs and do my wifely duties........yes, Darren likes a mug of Horlicks and a biscuit before bed :p

Island night is such a hoot - most people get in the mood. The ship puts on a great party up on deck around the pool. They do this the night of Vila so you can buy some cheap island stuff at the markets that are along side the port. Sarong, lei's (buy them at the cheap shop at home) and what ever else that looks the part..... but no budgie smugglers for me! (now its 2 nil on the foofies)

Tiger didnt compensate they just offered us different times and the one on the Sat morning did not suit so we had to change it for the Friday but thats ok we have done this before and stay in a hotel across from the cruise terminal and is always exciting to watch the ship sail in... thats if I'm awake but the kids usually make sure I am.

Well must go and pack my bag as I have a little 2 night cruise from Bris-Syd tomorrow for my best mates bucks party........ start to conga!

Hi everyone.

We are a family of 4 who would like to add our names to the roll call. We'll be on the Week Fantastic on the 9th and would love to meet other families. Our kids are 12 years (boy) and 9 years old (girl). We're looking forward to our first Australian cruise. our last cruise was on the Red Sea.

Tammyj

Oh my, oh my another cruise family :D Welcome to our (speed) roll call. Cassie's (my 8YO daughter) is glad to hear about your daughter coming along. Are you flying in from the UK ?

We only have 20 days to go so please feel free to divulge any personal information freely ....the more sinister the better (eg heavy drinking habits, bingo fetishes etc) ;). Also if you have any questions I'm sure Deano75 the old fart :p will oblige if you bribe him with a foofy !

Are you well acquainted with Aussies and their rather strange sense of humour ? I'm not quite sure whether to joke about you guys being Pommies or not as I would hate to offend :eek:. If you want to join in the juvenile banter please throw an insult my way and then it will be considered a free for all. Otherwise there are sensible people in our group, like my husband for instance :) to mingle with.

Looking forward to meeting you TammyJ :)

You're very welcome to call us Poms I call myself a whinging pom all the time. We're getting used to the Aussie sense of humour, we've been living in Melbourne for a year now. Sorry but no bingo fetishes and my husband doesn't drink so he's probably one of the sensible ones. Luckily I enjoy a drink or three so we're not too boring. My daughter Hannah is looking forward to meeting Cassie already and I've only just mentioned her.

Archived