9th July - WEEK FANTASTIQUE W124

deano75

Day 4 : (Tue 12 th July) Lifou

I woke up and it was like any other day. I had Nutrigrain and bacon and eggs for breakfast. I then went downstairs one floor and I saw MacKenzie. She is my best friend on the cruise. She was getting changed to go to a Village tour. I went down to deck 5. I went in a boat. These boats are called tenders. We went snorkelling. We saw a lot of colourful fish and coral. The colours of the fish were wonderful. We bumped into MacKenzie’s family. We walked along and Mum went to a garden. It had a house where the natives live. There was a dog. It was so skinny because it did not have enough food. It was so hot there. When we came to the end of it I had a coconut drink…REALLY ORGANIC. We went back and I went to the Shark Shack. Afterwards we saw “The Pirates of the Pacific” show. When I came back to the cabin Jonel had made me an elephant made of towels.

Day 5 : (Wed 13th July) Vanuatu

I woke up at 7.15am. Well I actually woke up at six something. I had breakfast at 7.15am. Nutrigrain and apple juice. I played my Nintendo for 50 minutes. I played Mario Bros. I went to World One. I went to Bowsers Castle but then died.

I went on a buggy at Off Road Adventures. I was screaming when we first went on the buggies because it was so fast. We went through a sandy part and it was so dusty. Lucky Mum gave me a scarf to cover my nose and mouth. Our buggy broke down and we had to get a new battery. It took a long time so we had to speed really fast to catch up to the others. It was so fast I nearly fell out !

We saw hundreds of baby turtles. We were allowed to pick them up. They were so cute. I went to lunch and had an organic steak. I cut the steak into little bits and put some lettuce on top and got to make a sandwich. Later when we were driving back home I threw some lollies, menthos, to the children.

We went to Cascade Falls. It was so beautiful. I had to climb through the water and some parts were slippery. I went for a swim. It was very cold but refreshing. Dad tried to take a picture of me but I always stuck my tongue out! When we went back I didn’t want to go.

We went back to the ship. We played bingo. Mum said if she won the $2000 jackpot, she would give it to MacKenzie’s Mum. MacKenzie’s sister has something wrong with her and needs some special care. Unfortunately though we didn’t win. That night was island night. Mum went in a hula hoop competition and was really good. I did some dancing too.

Day 6 (Thu 14th July) : At Sea

I thought about Nike and wondered if he was crying. There were a few theme nights while we at sea. Island night, cowboy night and a couple of formal nights. Mum & Dad also went to cocktails with the Captain of the ship and some of his senior officers. Mum and Dad got a photo with the Captain’s autograph on it for free.

Day 7: (Fri 15th July) : At Sea

We tried our luck again at bingo. This time the jackpot was $4000. We thought if we won we’d give $2000 to MacKenzie’s sister, Paris, and then buy a painting we saw at the auction. It was a painting of a ballerina. I thought the picture was beautiful and I do ballet too.

Dad went to golf putting. Dad also sang karaoke but I wasn’t able to watch because it was in the Bengal Bar. I slept while Dad was singing. Dad was in the golf putting contest but he didn’t win. He was also in the Pacific Popstar competition. He didn’t win but got a P&O bag with P&O caps, key chains and a stubby holder.

Day 8 (Sat 16th July) Back to Brisbane

We had a look at the photo boards and bought about 5. They were photo-shopped so it looked a bit like our faces were made of wax.

We arrived back in Brisbane at 6am and were off the ship by 7.30am. I can’t wait for my next cruise.

Cassie

A picture says a hundred words.... so I've painted 2 pictures of our trip. One of Cassie snorkelling with her friend in Lifou and another of the Cascade Falls (abstract). Can someone tell me how to post my jpeg files on the board (without having an URL) ?

Archived