Suggestion what to do before boarding Celebrity cruise Citavecchia

ACBLbridge

I will be arriving at Rome airport at 7am next week. Our cruise boarding time that day is between 11:30am to 3:30pm. Any suggestions what we could do before boarding? I am not interested in going into Rome as will be there at the end of our trip. I saw a post suggesting getting a limo and driving to Odescalchi Castle first then driving to port to board ship. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

I will be arriving at Rome airport at 7am next week. Our cruise boarding time that day is between 11:30am to 3:30pm. Any suggestions what we could do before boarding? I am not interested in going into Rome as will be there at the end of our trip. I saw a post suggesting getting a limo and driving to Odescalchi Castle first then driving to port to board ship. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

you will be out of airport around 9 am + one hour drive to port . you will be there about right time to board.

If you'll have a private driver and are looking for options other than Odescalchi, you could stop in Tarquinia to see the Etruscan museum and then visit the nearby necropolis with gorgeous painted tombs.

Or you could spend a couple of hours in the Roman port of Ostia Antica, which is very well preserved.

I would also take into consideration how tired you'll be after the flight and how much you will really want to (or be able to) do.