Condition of Coral World/Coki ?

zounds

Hi,

We're sailing in December as well and looking at Coral World for this visit as well.

They are working hard to reopen but on my last look at their page, tickets are not available until January 2018 at this point :( Cruise line has also removed it as an option for a shore excursion.

We plan to check their web page shortly before our sailing. So keep checking the site. They may also open with some things still closed, so definitely check their web page and facebook pages. I wouldn't be surprised to see them open with some areas closed which would be before it is offered through the cruise lines shore excursions again.

Hi,

We're sailing in December as well and looking at Coral World for this visit as well.

They are working hard to reopen but on my last look at their page, tickets are not available until January 2018 at this point :( Cruise line has also removed it as an option for a shore excursion.

We plan to check their web page shortly before our sailing. So keep checking the site. They may also open with some things still closed, so definitely check their web page and facebook pages. I wouldn't be surprised to see them open with some areas closed which would be before it is offered through the cruise lines shore excursions again.

Please let us know what you find after your visit there, we go at the end of January and are wondering also! Thanks!

I loved Coki beach and wanted to go back in December. I hope everything is mostly back to normal by Decemeber. We went in 2012 and it was kind of sketchy with the vendors fighting for our business lol so I'm a little worried it might be worse this time around because they really need the cash flow. Thoughts?

I loved Coki beach and wanted to go back in December. I hope everything is mostly back to normal by Decemeber. We went in 2012 and it was kind of sketchy with the vendors fighting for our business lol so I'm a little worried it might be worse this time around because they really need the cash flow. Thoughts?

That's part of my concern for St. Thomas. Even more so in St. Martin since they pushed back RCL's return and we'll be there on the first day RCL returns to St. Martin. But while we thought about doing one of those quiet port days on the ship when everyone is off the ship,we want to do an excursion or something that will spend something in the local economy that needs it on both of these islands. But also worried about both of these struggling ports and not sure how aggressive vendors might be for sales as opposed to other trips.

Coki Beach Dive Center has a FB page with 3 very recent pics. The beach looks good and the water clarity is returning. They don't mention Coral World in particular, but maybe FB msgs to them re: Coral World's condition may be helpful to ya'll. FYI, Peter said they are lowering their Discover Scuba price for this season so if you've been thinking about trying it, this might be the time.

I;m probably heading that way in early December. Some of those shacks may not be there, but hopefully that nice bath house they built still is.

• 2 weeks later...

Our RCCL cruise stopped in St Thomas on Nov 10. We went to Coki beach and loved it. We rented chairs and umbrellas. The restaurants on the beach are functioning, but they can only serve grilled food because they don't have power. As far as vendors go, we had no problems at all. In fact, we all commented on how nice the contrast was to all of the other islands we had visited. We did a lot of snorkeling and it was decent. Even though Coral World wasn't open, we were able to snorkel over there. We went in with uncertain expectations, but this ended up being one of our favorites of the week. Our taxi driver said they have had a lot of rain since the storms, so the island is very green. But a lot of the trees right on the beaches were destroyed. Not all of the beaches rent umbrellas because they relied on those trees for shade, so you may want to ask your driver about that if it is important to you. All of the people seemed very happy to have the tourists back.

Our RCCL cruise stopped in St Thomas on Nov 10. We went to Coki beach and loved it. We rented chairs and umbrellas. The restaurants on the beach are functioning, but they can only serve grilled food because they don't have power. As far as vendors go, we had no problems at all. In fact, we all commented on how nice the contrast was to all of the other islands we had visited. We did a lot of snorkeling and it was decent. Even though Coral World wasn't open, we were able to snorkel over there. We went in with uncertain expectations, but this ended up being one of our favorites of the week. Our taxi driver said they have had a lot of rain since the storms, so the island is very green. But a lot of the trees right on the beaches were destroyed. Not all of the beaches rent umbrellas because they relied on those trees for shade, so you may want to ask your driver about that if it is important to you. All of the people seemed very happy to have the tourists back.

Thanks for the update, we want to go to Coki in mid Dec so glad it is up and running.