Carnival now limits wine you buy online before departing

HOUSTONVIP

Being able to "afford" the alcohol is one thing. But to mark up a bottle that would cost $30-40 at the abc/liquor/package store on land to $100+ PLUS gratuity is another thing entirely. There's no reason a bottle of barefoot wine which is barely passable as drinkable in the first place and costs $6 on land is over $30 on the ship. Ridiculous.

And let's not forget that the rules say you're not supposed to take said bottle back off the ship at the end of the cruise. At $100? Give me a break.

Ridiculous or not, the price is what it is. You aren't on land so what the price is on land is completely moot. If I want to drink a good German beer here in the states it's going to cost me $5 a bottle when that same bottle in Germany costs about $1.50. Should I be bitching about how I should be able to buy it at the same price that it costs in Germany? :rolleyes:

You have two legal options. Get upset at the price and purchase it anyway or don't purchase it. No one is twisting your arm either way.

Never fails to amuse me how much other people feel like they can justify judging others....

Judges judge others every day of the week. ;)

It never fails to amuse me how people can run around in public announcing their illicit activities to the world and expect (almost demand) no one to say anything about it. If people kept their mouth shut about the wrongs they commit in life the rest of us wouldn't have anything to judge against them.

Again, why I said I was willing to purchase at 40-50 or so dollars for something that costs 30 on land. I understand markup. You missed where I said I wasn't willing to pay $100 for something that costs $30.

Don't assume because I chose to spend my money where and how I see fit that I don't get out. I get out plenty. Have traveled around the world, literally.

As for taking bottles off the ship? I remember reading wording in the preorder (again, this is NOT about cheers. It is NOT about wine/liqour for sale in the shops. It was about the PREORDER liquor and have delivered to stateroom on day 1) section that allude to the liquor needing to be consumed on board.

Don't buy it then. Problem solved.

If I see anyone obviously breaking the rules, I have no problem turning them in and hopefully Carnival will cancel their Cheers program without refund or recourse. If you see something, say something.

I would repport too, after collecting a few bottles from them for "evidence".

This was mentioned once or twice before, but may have gotten “lost” here. I would suggest purchasing “cruising the vineyards”, which can be done along with bringing two bottles on board. The pricing seems a bit more reasonable to me, still quite high, but better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for bringing it back to the original post. I was getting tired of all the lecturing about rule breaking, smuggling, ruining the vacation etc. I was just pointing out that we like to pre-purchase some wine and liquor (at the ridiculous prices to have the convenience). And we were surprised that carnival changed the rules to limit pre-prurchases of liquor in February. And it was no where to be found on the FUN SHOP webpage. We are happy to buy a wine package once we get on board. Just couldn't find any info on that pre-cruise.And of course we each bring one bottle on. But that might only get us through the first night!

Thanks for bringing it back to the original post. I was getting tired of all the lecturing about rule breaking, smuggling, ruining the vacation etc. I was just pointing out that we like to pre-purchase some wine and liquor (at the ridiculous prices to have the convenience). And we were surprised that carnival changed the rules to limit pre-prurchases of liquor in February. And it was no where to be found on the FUN SHOP webpage. We are happy to buy a wine package once we get on board. Just couldn't find any info on that pre-cruise.And of course we each bring one bottle on. But that might only get us through the first night!

The two bottle limit on advance purchase of liquor has been in effect for a lonnnnnnng time.

This last cruise we went to the steak house the first night and purchased 3 bottles of wine at half price. They would deliver them to the dining room or you could take them with you. We didn't have to worry about the corkage fee on these either. We learned this on the forum and it worked out great. Hope this helps.

This is exactly why we booked our first allincusive vacation.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

If you are a wine drinker that is not going to help much if you like fine wines. We've been going to all inclusive resorts pretty much every year since 1985. If you like tutti fruiti drinks, beer or hard liquor it is a bargain. But, if you don't like the house red or house white wine, you will have to pony up extra for bottles of a wine that is acceptable.

I take a thermos to port, buy liquor and pour it in it. Never had a problem.

You’ve been lucky! My last cruise the screeners aaa my water bottle (filled with water) and then inspected it, even smelled it!! I forget which port, maybe Nassau.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums