Carnival now limits wine you buy online before departing

HOUSTONVIP

This was a bit upsetting, I ordered two bottles of wine to be delivered to the room on the second night at their ridiculous overpriced amount. Like I always do, then my wife went online to order a bottle of champagne..DENIED. no where on the carnival FUNSHOP website do they mention that as of FEB 2018, they now LIMIT the bottles you can purchase ahead of time to 2. WHAT A GRATUITY GRAB. When you go to the dining room and order a bottle, you are lucky if it gets there before desert. It's bad enough that you have to wait at the bar and wait in the dining room to get bar service, but to limit what you can but in advance at 5X markup is ridiculous. So now a 6 dollar bottle of lousy Barefoot Chardonay is 27.00 then add 5.00 Gratuity, CARNIVAL YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

Are you going to let this ruin your vacation?

And you guys want to complain if I share a drink or two or my Cheers program. You can bet I will be getting 15 drinks a day and handing out bottled water and Powerade to anyone who wants it.

What a scam

lol, wish I was on your cruise!

And you guys want to complain if I share a drink or two or my Cheers program. You can bet I will be getting 15 drinks a day and handing out bottled water and Powerade to anyone who wants it.

What a scam

Not sure how it is a scam. You can buy it or you can not buy it. Nobody is forcing you. If you want to get as much as you can, that is up to you. If they start losing money, they will raise the price and you will pay more to hand out your bottled water and PowerAde.

We are all rule breakers in some aspect of life, so unless you are certain your glass house is shadder proof, keep your rocks to yourself. My point is there is a lesson to be learned by Carnival from us rule breakers. There is an equilibrium price point for their room delivered alcohol and it seems they have gone beyond it. They should do some market research and maybe we wouldn't smuggle liquor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Lol, now it is a life lesson. Listen you can do whatever you want and rationalize that you are “really” just trying to tell Carnival they are wrong. I happen to agree that the price for a bottle is out of whack. Difference is I live with that “fact” and don’t use my view as a reason to say it is ok to break the rules. We can discuss further if you want or move on. Your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a scam

Where does scam end and profit begin? You obviously can get the 15 day limit. Get caught giving them aa ay and you will be shut off. It it is your vacation, rules are for “other” people.

So smuggle. If you get caught, don't Whine about it. You obviously know the rules. Buying by the bottle is a lot cheaper than buying by the drink.

Buying more than you end up drinking is big waste of money. Carnival is doing you a favor by limiting what they sell you in advance. When you drink a bottle, buy a bottle on the ship. It's the same price.

We are all rule breakers in some aspect of life, so unless you are certain your glass house is shadder proof, keep your rocks to yourself. My point is there is a lesson to be learned by Carnival from us rule breakers. There is an equilibrium price point for their room delivered alcohol and it seems they have gone beyond it. They should do some market research and maybe we wouldn't smuggle liquor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

While I am sure every single person over the age of two has unknowingly broken a rule, knowingly breaking a rule is a completely different story. Carnival, just like all of the other cruise lines, has no lesson to be learned but whenever Carnival finally finds it's backbone and starts enforcing it's contract by throwing smugglers off the ship, the smuggler will learn a very expensive lesson.

What a scam

And yet people with that kind of attitude are the greatest scammers of all. Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black and boosting about it at the same time. :rolleyes:

This was mentioned once or twice before, but may have gotten “lost” here. I would suggest purchasing “cruising the vineyards”, which can be done along with bringing two bottles on board. The pricing seems a bit more reasonable to me, still quite high, but better.

Does anyone have the latest selection and prices for Cruising the Vineyards? I am looking for it but everything I find is at least a couple of years old. I guess I'll call and ask.

Someone asked about this within the last week or so. Some of the responses included pictures and other details. I’m sorry I can’t recall more information. I’ll try searching too.

Cruising the vineyards current prices: Basic = $131 Premium = $193

You can't book it online but you can call Funshops (+001) 800-522-7648 and have the vouchers waiting in your room when you board.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/enjoy-great-discounts-on-wine-packages-through-our-cruise-the-vineyards

This is in addition to the 2 bottles you can order from FunShops online

Cruising the vineyards current prices: Basic = $131 Premium = $193

You can't book it online but you can call Funshops (+001) 800-522-7648 and have the vouchers waiting in your room when you board.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/enjoy-great-discounts-on-wine-packages-through-our-cruise-the-vineyards

This is in addition to the 2 bottles you can order from FunShops online

Thank you.

Prices on board is no excuse for anyone to lie. People should drink less or not cruise if they can't afford the price of the alcohol.

Being able to "afford" the alcohol is one thing. But to mark up a bottle that would cost $30-40 at the abc/liquor/package store on land to $100+ PLUS gratuity is another thing entirely. There's no reason a bottle of barefoot wine which is barely passable as drinkable in the first place and costs $6 on land is over $30 on the ship. Ridiculous.

And let's not forget that the rules say you're not supposed to take said bottle back off the ship at the end of the cruise. At $100? Give me a break.

Never fails to amuse me how much other people feel like they can justify judging others....

Yeah, big difference tho.... can you guess what that is? I do t break rules set by the cruise line.

This was mentioned once or twice before, but may have gotten “lost” here. I would suggest purchasing “cruising the vineyards”, which can be done along with bringing two bottles on board. The pricing seems a bit more reasonable to me, still quite high, but better.

I agree, this is what we typically do. We bring one Wine and one Champagne then get the 3 Bottle Package. Works well for us.

Not sure how it is a scam. You can buy it or you can not buy it. Nobody is forcing you. If you want to get as much as you can, that is up to you. If they start losing money, they will raise the price and you will pay more to hand out your bottled water and PowerAde.

If I see anyone obviously breaking the rules, I have no problem turning them in and hopefully Carnival will cancel their Cheers program without refund or recourse. If you see something, say something.

Being able to "afford" the alcohol is one thing. But to mark up a bottle that would cost $30-40 at the abc/liquor/package store on land to $100+ PLUS gratuity is another thing entirely. There's no reason a bottle of barefoot wine which is barely passable as drinkable in the first place and costs $6 on land is over $30 on the ship. Ridiculous.

And let's not forget that the rules say you're not supposed to take said bottle back off the ship at the end of the cruise. At $100? Give me a break.

What an absurd post. Do you get out much? How many land based restaurants sell alcohol at cost?

You can take bottles off of the ship, but it counts against your duty free allowance.

What an absurd post. Do you get out much? How many land based restaurants sell alcohol at cost?

You can take bottles off of the ship, but it counts against your duty free allowance.

Again, why I said I was willing to purchase at 40-50 or so dollars for something that costs 30 on land. I understand markup. You missed where I said I wasn't willing to pay $100 for something that costs $30.

Don't assume because I chose to spend my money where and how I see fit that I don't get out. I get out plenty. Have traveled around the world, literally.

As for taking bottles off the ship? I remember reading wording in the preorder (again, this is NOT about cheers. It is NOT about wine/liqour for sale in the shops. It was about the PREORDER liquor and have delivered to stateroom on day 1) section that allude to the liquor needing to be consumed on board.

Again, why I said I was willing to purchase at 40-50 or so dollars for something that costs 30 on land. I understand markup. You missed where I said I wasn't willing to pay $100 for something that costs $30.

Don't assume because I chose to spend my money where and how I see fit that I don't get out. I get out plenty. Have traveled around the world, literally.

As for taking bottles off the ship? I remember reading wording in the preorder (again, this is NOT about cheers. It is NOT about wine/liqour for sale in the shops. It was about the PREORDER liquor and have delivered to stateroom on day 1) section that allude to the liquor needing to be consumed on board.

I assume nothing of others. I'm too busy enjoying life.