Emerald boarding pass says Platinum

We are sailing on the Allure this weekend. We completed a short cruise last week which gave us enough points to become Emerald. I called C&A to have our status updated. Was told it could take a couple weeks however they would send an email over to the ship so we would receive the right benefits. When I asked about boarding she stated it didn’t matter as they are the same. I corrected her, on the allure they board according to status. She said she can’t update the boarding pass and just tell the port agent we are Emerald. Has anyone been able to board the next tier up even though your pass says something different?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will board according to the actual sea pass given to you at check -in, not the set sail pass. The sea pass may have the correct category listed ad your problem is solved. If your status is incorrect on the sea pass card, see the loyalty ambassador on board to get it corrected and to insure you receive all the correct benefits.

The agent controlling the line may allow you to go with the earlier group, but you are only talking a few minutes. You can decide if it worth repeating the story and the potential anger you might feel if they say "no".

Hope it works out

Enjoy the cruise

enjoy

M

Haha

Emerald wont make 1 bit of difference over platinum. And the perks of emerald I think is like a free bottle of water or something.

The amount if actual emerald families is hardly any. Its a short term status.

Thanks everyone. I will see what happens after checking in. If it’s not that busy it’s not a big deal. However it is spring break week and 20 min can make a difference since we need to book somethings once on board.

Thanks everyone. I will see what happens after checking in. If it’s not that busy it’s not a big deal. However it is spring break week and 20 min can make a difference since we need to book somethings once on board.

You are not going to save 20 minutes over Platnium boarding. Likely you won't even save a minute.

I am Diamond and I would estimate I save 2 or 3 minutes at most, if even that over Platnium. Sometimes the Platnium line moves faster because more agents are working it.

Yeah, agreed with the others. Last cruise there were like, 9 people in the Emerald line. The gold line was the longest "special" line. Platinum is the last level to hit that you actually notice a significant difference in lines.

just curious how much time difference there is with boarding between Emerald and Platinum? Is it worth the hassle to try and get on the ship maybe 20 minutes sooner?

I'd say the difference is probably closer to a couple of minutes..