CocoCay port cancelled and replaced with Miami Stop

Couldn't agree more. Nassau has become a "sea day" with a lot less passengers.

Not a whole lot less, sometimes. :o

I was surprised at how many people stayed aboard when we were last at Nassau...I'd say the ship was half-full with pax. Less crowded than a full-up sea-day, but not the nearly empty ship you'd see at many ports.

If we HAD to do an overnight in Nassau....we'd probably head over to that new resort Baha Mar and spend the night. Friends just got back from there and said it was fantastic if you just stay in the resort.

Atlantis has really gone down hill....

The problem with Atlantis, aside from dated hotel rooms and amazingly high food prices, is that there just isn't too much "new" there. They've made some minor mods to some of the pools (the Blu Pool and the kids' area near the Beach Tower), but....no new water slides, no new attractions, etc.

I'm going there in November (but staying at the much-better Comfort Suites nearby; same access benefits and a nicer hotel experience), but I'm resigned to seeing the same ol' same old. Couldn't resist the price for 3 nights, though.

I am on the Jan 3 Grandeur cruise and our Cococay stop has not been cancelled. I read on blog that they are only cancelling one ship when two ships are scheduled for the same day as the island cannot take on two ships at a time yet.

I am on the Jan 3 Grandeur cruise and our Cococay stop has not been cancelled. I read on blog that they are only cancelling one ship when two ships are scheduled for the same day as the island cannot take on two ships at a time yet.

That does seem to be the latest story line. When I was communicating with them about on December stop on the Rhapsody they only gave half the story. Ours was cancelled. They did not say the there was another ship that would be there that day.

So far RC has put up 2 excursions for Miami (neither interest me or my son). Do you think they will add more?

I am looking for something me and my 13 year old son to do (we are leaving Dad and the 2 brothers at home ;)

So far RC has put up 2 excursions for Miami (neither interest me or my son). Do you think they will add more?

I am looking for something me and my 13 year old son to do (we are leaving Dad and the 2 brothers at home ;)

They will probably add more.

Would you rather be hanging out on a beach while major construction is going on. i.e. loud noises. or some place quieter.

One time after working 36 hours straight Saturday/Sunday on a planned project, I got back to my city center hotel room, to find a note that there will be a helicopter moving A.C. equipement to the roof, Sunday morning. I had checked in on Thursday with my reservation lasting until Tuesday. I wasn't informed of the potential of this activity at check-in. If I was, I would have contacted corporate travel and have them move me immediately. I was miserable while the helicopter was lifting the equipment and trying to catch up on my sleep deprivation.

At least you have prior notification.

I had 3 Vision cruises cancel CocoCay a few days ago and then change them back. The January 26 sailing will be their first return to the island. We are also on the Rhapsody T/A where CocoCay was cancelled. From my research it looks like most sailings in December and early January are cancelled on most but not all ships. I found on ship on 12/18 and one ship on 12/25. There may be a couple other strays.

We were really looking forward to the beach day at the end of our T/A and Nassau just does not cut it for us. We have been there many times.

It seems a bit strange that they need to do an almost total shut down of the island. It is great that they are making what they consider improvements to the island for future travelers but they are now punishing those that were already booked to visit the island.