CocoCay port cancelled and replaced with Miami Stop

We WERE and the January 12 sailing I called last night and canceled. Key West and Coco Cay was the only reason we were going. I understand why they canceled but Miami is NOT a port of call.:mad:

Guess we have to give them credit for telling people before final payment. I would rather do circles in the ocean than pull into Miami.

For weather, maybe, but not for construction.

Difference is they are disappointed well in advance. We were disappointed sitting a 1/2 mile off shore.

Personal I don't think any port of call should be in Florida (except maybe Key West) on a Caribbean Cruise. People fly into these places to sail out of why would we want to make a stop at one of them. There just congested cities.

Difference is they are disappointed well in advance. We were disappointed sitting a 1/2 mile off shore.

Im one for two now at CC. Going back in September 2019 after the construction is done and hoping to make it two for three. Maybe after the dock is built there wont be so many cancellations. Afterall, the cancellations come because of concern of tendering safely to shore. I would rather have a sea day than Miami.

Cococay has always been a hit or miss. I'm only 1 for 3 in my attempts to port there.

Nonetheless, as often as I've sailed out of Miami, I've never actually explored Miami that much. My last cruise on the Grandeur had a scheduled stop in Miami and I thought it would be a dull time as I didn't know what to really do there.

Well, my experience last April told me otherwise. There is a wealth of attractions in Miami. outside of lunch, I spent very little. I was able to uber around town for only about 4 bucks a ride. I spent 1/3 less here than I did in Charleston, SC (another port I love btw) to travel the same distances. I found tons of restaurants and coffee shops. I myself went up to Midtown and found a restaurant that was featured in Diner's drive throughs and dives. Then I found a coffee ship that brewed ice coffee to order using premium beans like Hawaiian Kona. The time before, I ended up in South Beach and Miami Beach. Just do a little search online and you'll find something. I almost rented a car, but found that it was unnecessary and maybe problematic because parking in downtown can be rough. Also, there's a trolley that circulates and is free. At first, I started using that, but when i realized how cheap uber was, i switched.

Miami has beautiful beaches. It's. It's not a crisis.

Grab an uber take your towel and enjoy

However if you have enough advance notice just google hotels with beachfront chairs for rent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are most itinerary changes?

To some on CC, yes.

Well, I have to say, missing Bermuda on my 9 night on the Anthem in 2016 was a tremendous blow. It was my main reason for doing that trip. We ended up spending 3 full days at sea before arriving at St. Maarten. We didn't find that out until after we checked in and went through security. Once we were on our way to the ship, they handed us a flyer saying "due to weather, we're going straight to St. Maarten".

All week, i've been keeping an eye on a system that threatened to turn into a named storm. It never did, but it was still sufficient enough to redirect.

We WERE and the January 12 sailing I called last night and canceled. Key West and Coco Cay was the only reason we were going. I understand why they canceled but Miami is NOT a port of call.:mad:

Not true. Miami was a scheduled port of call on my Seattle-Port Canaveral itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Vision of the Seas

December 29,2018 sailing out of New Orleans

Was scheduled for January 1 at CocoCay, January 2 at Nassau, and January 3 at Key West...

Just got e-mail from RCCL stating CocoCay stop in cancelled due to construction and is being replaced with a wonderful stop in Miami...

Our relaxing beach day is gone... I'm sure the Miami excursions with be wonderful and the tour guides will be completely sober at 8am on New Year's Day...

Any other affected sailings at this point???

WOW, MIAMI? It's not even a port the cruise stop at. CRAZY! I'd rather stay on the ship.

Not true. Miami was a scheduled port of call on my Seattle-Port Canaveral itinerary.

My point was, on a seven night Caribbean cruise Miami is a departing port, not a port of call. A repositioning cruise from west to east is another story.

I would be upset too, especially if you have been to Miami.

But, if you never been to Miami (most cruisers have) its not some horrendous stop. Not sure what all the hate is about.

You wanted a beach day? There are tons of beaches in Miami with fantastic clear water. You don't only need to go South Beach. That time of year is also a great time to check out the Everglades if you want to get away from the city.

Miami has a lot to offer. Is it as relaxing as an easy day on private island? No.

But that does not mean you should just stay on the ship.

My point was, on a seven night Caribbean cruise Miami is a departing port, not a port of call. A repositioning cruise from west to east is another story.

OK. I get what you’re saying now.

I just love Miami and getting to spend a day there without the 12 hour drive was a joy to me. But I’m in the minority I see.

I would be upset too, especially if you have been to Miami.

But, if you never been to Miami (most cruisers have) its not some horrendous stop. Not sure what all the hate is about.

You wanted a beach day? There are tons of beaches in Miami with fantastic clear water. You don't only need to go South Beach. That time of year is also a great time to check out the Everglades if you want to get away from the city.

Miami has a lot to offer. Is it as relaxing as an easy day on private island? No.

But that does not mean you should just stay on the ship.

Coco Cay doesn't require a taxi/uber/etc to get to the beach. Plus lunch is included and drinks if you have a pkg.

Miami will cost extra for all that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Coco Cay doesn't require a taxi/uber/etc to get to the beach. Plus lunch is included and drinks if you have a pkg.

Miami will cost extra for all that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Exactly!

Chill, people, although I live in Miami and I'm a bit biased. South Beach is a 15 minute car trip from the port that's a great beach day with MUCH better people watching than admiring your fellow cruisers, and you can have lunch at Joe's Stone Crabs or the next door Takeaway--1000 times better than the crappy BBQ, burgers and hot dogs at Coco Cay.