28th oct

What port/s in Croatia?

For instance in Dubrovnik you can use ship's moderately over-priced (around $10?) shuttle from port to city, and get by in town very comfortably with either euros or plastic(walking the walls you'll need local shrapnel or plastic, no other currencies)

In Split your ship will park within an easy walk of the city centre & Diocletian's Palace, again plastic or euros should be good for your needs in town.

JB :)

What port/s in Croatia?

For instance in Dubrovnik you can use ship's moderately over-priced (around $10?) shuttle from port to city, and get by in town very comfortably with either euros or plastic(walking the walls you'll need local shrapnel or plastic, no other currencies)

In Split your ship will park within an easy walk of the city centre & Diocletian's Palace, again plastic or euros should be good for your needs in town.

JB :)

Hi John, thanks for your reply, yes Dubrovnik will be one port we visit but the other is kotor which I don't think take euro otherwise I'll be fine. I didn't want to have a lot of the kotor currency but think I may need to have some??

Irene

Every day I see more and more signs going up in shops and restaurants, NO EUROS. Yes a few of the shops will take Euros, but any change will be given in Croatian Kunas. Some shops and restaurants will accept credit cards, while some do not - best to ask before sitting down. You are arriving here at the end of our season, weather depending some vendors will have begun to close down for winter hibernation. After 01 November all hours for historical sites will be limited, locals are ready for some rest. Do keep in mind many work every single day during high season, no days off, no weekends. Be prepared for our weather which is ever changing. Bring umbrellas and shorts!

Dofingirl:

In Dubrovnik when you go into the downtown area I highly recommend walking the walled city. It will give you beautiful views of the city and the water.

There is a fee. They will take credit cards, local currency and last time I was there Euros and British Pounds.

On the morning you arrive there be sure to go out on deck as the arrival is beautiful.

Keith