What to eat and drink (piggy back on what not to eat and drink)....

rentayenta

;) We do enjoy a good burger. Can you get them medium rare?

To me there are really good burgers: thick, juicy, medium rare. Then there are good flat grill burgers, which is what Guy's are. They are very thin and quickly cooked, so you can't specify medium rare. They are so greasy that the doneness level doesn't matter as much since the high fat content keeps them from being dry (plus many put on a lot of toppings).

I will probably get one burger on my next cruise, but might skip it. I definitely plan to get fries and to try unseasoned as well as the seasoned.

Thanks! My husband makes an incredible carbonara; egg, heaving whipping cream in one version, lots of pepper, amazing!

Re: buffet hot chocolate: could I take it to the bar to have a shot added? Asking for a friend...

WCMC?

If the bar is open I think you could, and I'd expect at least one bar to be open somewhere on lido deck but I don't think all bars are open that early. I don't remember if you could get hot chocolate outside of breakfast (one per day was plenty for me).

WCMC=Warm Chocolate Melting Cake - I'm going to try it with Peanut Butter:D

I have to agree. On my last cruise a few weeks ago we ate breakfast or brunch depending on port or sea day in the MDR almost every day. A lot of people don’t realize that it’s even an option and free when they first cruise.

By the way on your question for the 24/7 soft serve. They have frozen yogurt and soft serve ice cream chocolate, vanilla, twist, and sometimes they alternate the vanilla with strawberry.

I’m not sure which ships do this but on the Vista they had homemade ice cream for free in the afternoon on the Lido deck. More specialty flavors vary by day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Vanilla soft serve is my favorite, thanks.

I think the MDR will be a viable breakfast option on most days. We only have one planned excursion our of 4 port days.

The MDR breakfast is 10 times better than the Lido deck buffet breakfast.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Neither one of us love buffets so we will be hitting the MDR.

The Hen ala Diovala at the Sea Day Brunch was incredible. Very flavorful, one of the best dishes I had on the cruise. Followed up with the banana cream pie for dessert. Absolutely incredible!

Pizza Pirate and the Tandoor are also must-dos.

I don't think our ship, the Conquest, has a Tandoor but darn because we both enjoy Indian food.

I don't think it is. It is very moist. It is tough to get breast to be that moist.

Thanks!

To me there are really good burgers: thick, juicy, medium rare. Then there are good flat grill burgers, which is what Guy's are. They are very thin and quickly cooked, so you can't specify medium rare. They are so greasy that the doneness level doesn't matter as much since the high fat content keeps them from being dry (plus many put on a lot of toppings).

I will probably get one burger on my next cruise, but might skip it. I definitely plan to get fries and to try unseasoned as well as the seasoned.

If the bar is open I think you could, and I'd expect at least one bar to be open somewhere on lido deck but I don't think all bars are open that early. I don't remember if you could get hot chocolate outside of breakfast (one per day was plenty for me).

WCMC=Warm Chocolate Melting Cake - I'm going to try it with Peanut Butter:D

Peanut butter and chocolate are deadly and that sounds incredible. They'll add a big spoon of peanut butter?

That makes sense on the burger. Thank you.

I believe there is chocolate as well as vanilla and I seem to recall that some machines had a "twist" where the chocolate and vanilla were combined.

Very cool, thanks!

Do they serve crab legs in any of the specialty restaurants on the Magic? The Seafood Shack doesn't appear to be on our boat. Otherwise, if anyone has any suggestions for off the boat in Belize or Costa Maya that would be appreciated. (We've already made arrangements for lunch in the other locations.)

I don't think our ship, the Conquest, has a Tandoor but darn because we both enjoy Indian food.

Thanks!

There isn't....but there is a vegetarian Indian option on the dinner menu in the MDR every night. It changes a little every night, but it is always delicious. I get it at least once or twice every cruise.

There isn't....but there is a vegetarian Indian option on the dinner menu in the MDR every night. It changes a little every night, but it is always delicious. I get it at least once or twice every cruise.

Thank you! I rarely prefer vegetarian anything but Indian is the exception. Vegetarian is every bit as good as with meat options.