Magnifica Theme Nights

play66

just received tickets for Magnifica cruise on 23 April. It states “ Things to pack: casual clothes for life on board; a swimsuit; a tuxedo, dinner jacket or dark suit and tie for men; and a dressy outfit, formal gown or cocktail dress for women; party outfits for the white party and ?70s night”

Does that mean the only theme nights will be white and 70s? Was told about Italian and floral nights. Also, do you have to take part in the nights, would you look odd if you didn’t?

Sorry for all questions but first time on MSC :D

We are on the same cruise (still waiting for tickets).

We will dress up for formal nights but not planning to for the party nights. I will probably wear cream trousers and a light top for white night, just regular clothes for 70s night. On every cruise that we've been on previously only a small minority of people have dressed up and can't imagine this will be any different.

I didn't know that MSC had 70s night, maybe that is part of the 'British' theme?

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

I would not bother with formal if I was you. We have just done the Amsterdam, Hamburg cruise and it is a waste if time dressing up. We had two formal nights which we were looking forward to. On the first night, we were sat next to a man in a polo shirt and jeans. The second night was even worse as it was the last night of the cruise and hardly anyone dressed for dinner. This time I was in my Tux and the guy across from me was in shorts and flip flops. Even on semi formal nights where it states no jeans, there were more people in jeans etching than smart casual. Very disappointing.

We are on the same cruise (still waiting for tickets).

We will dress up for formal nights but not planning to for the party nights. I will probably wear cream trousers and a light top for white night, just regular clothes for 70s night. On every cruise that we've been on previously only a small minority of people have dressed up and can't imagine this will be any different.

I didn't know that MSC had 70s night, maybe that is part of the 'British' theme?

Julie

We are on this cruise also. We will dress up for formal nights but not bothering for the themed nights.

I would not bother with formal if I was you. We have just done the Amsterdam, Hamburg cruise and it is a waste if time dressing up. We had two formal nights which we were looking forward to. On the first night, we were sat next to a man in a polo shirt and jeans. The second night was even worse as it was the last night of the cruise and hardly anyone dressed for dinner. This time I was in my Tux and the guy across from me was in shorts and flip flops. Even on semi formal nights where it states no jeans, there were more people in jeans etching than smart casual. Very disappointing.

We will dress for formal nights as that is what we do, regardless of what others do.

We will dress for formal nights as that is what we do, regardless of what others do.

Us too, we enjoy dressing up and don't really mind what others do. If the cruise line call it formal/elegant/gala we will oblige:)