Parking port of tyne

Hello fenreed

Pleased to see you got a quick reply.

When we went last year we drove through the gates and were directed to the car park, unloaded our luggage and waited while one of the porters tagged it all and took it away to be loaded by crate on to the ship. We were then directed to the bus to take us to the terminal. We never saw our luggage again until we were in the cabin.

When we arrived at the terminal we were given a medical form to fill in and a numbered tag and told to take a seat (this is a good time to fill in the medical form as you will need it when checking in). We were called to check in by number to one of the numerous crew booking us in. Then hey presto we were on the ship.

We arrived about 11.30 and were on the ship by mid-day.:D

From the minute you arrive at the port gates there are guides every step of the way so you have no fear of going wrong.

We stayed at the Premier Inn overnight and after breakfast had a wander round the shopping complex (2 minutes walk) just to kill time then went back and loaded up the luggage No need to move the car until ready to go round the 2 roundabouts (if I remember) and into the port.

Enjoy.

We go on 7th July and have been advised to drop our luggage and then park the car. We are parking across the road on a drive. So I guess it will be the same for you, drop the luggage first.

I would reckon you will need to drop your luggage at the terminal (dont try and enter car park as you wont have the ticket, or follow other cars, go straight to the front of the terminal where the taxis go), one of you stop with the luggage while the other goes off to park the car, is the person whose drive you are using going to drop you back at the terminal ?? it will probably be a fair walk.

Ignore the previous post!

You drive into the car park first where they check your name off the booking list and provide you with an envelope containing your welcome letter, cruise card and luggage labels (unlimited luggage allowance). Once you have attached the labels to your cases these are taken directly to the ship.

You then park your car where directed and board the free bus to the check in area (details in an earlier post).

On your return to Port of Tyne at the end of the cruise, catch the bus from the ship to the car park where your luggage will be waiting.

It's very well organized as they do it all the time, not just for Marella.

I would reckon you will need to drop your luggage at the terminal (dont try and enter car park as you wont have the ticket, or follow other cars, go straight to the front of the terminal where the taxis go), one of you stop with the luggage while the other goes off to park the car, is the person whose drive you are using going to drop you back at the terminal ?? it will probably be a fair walk.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

You drive into the car park first where they check your name off the booking list and provide you with an envelope containing your welcome letter, cruise card and luggage labels (unlimited luggage allowance). Once you have attached the labels to your cases these are taken directly to the ship.

You then park your car where directed and board the free bus to the check in area (details in an earlier post).

On your return to Port of Tyne at the end of the cruise, catch the bus from the ship to the car park where your luggage will be waiting.

THEY ARE NOT PARKING AT THE PORT CAR PARK read the post properly

Edited by okavango

Malch_UK

Thank you for that informative post! And, of course I'm parking at the port. This is the best thing for us. We are driving up Friday 22 June, ( 170 miles) staying at the Premier Inn at Holystone, then driving to the port the next day. That is why I've needed to get the detail!!

We booked this cruise last Sep, and we have a neighbour who normally travels to Southampton with Eavesway Travel from our nearest M1 junction No 25 Nottingham/Derby. He is quite happy with their service.

However, I was reluctant to book with Intercruise... and if anyone would like me to PM them, I'll supply the details. It took me a long time to get the thing sorted out, but suffice to say, never, ever, will I use this firm again. Thankfully, we did not use them. I decided to drive. I'm not happy but there it is. A local taxi we use for EMA and BMX is very reasonable, but £400 return was a trip too far as they say. Well hope it all pans out, I'll post in 5 weeks time or so, things may be that we do not know, may surface!

I'm a belt, braces and skyhooks man, so that's why I like to do my research!

happy sailing, fenreed

Having park at Port of Tyne a couple of years ago this what I remember doing apart from the bus maybe that depends on how near you are to the terminal.

Anyway all being well I will be parking there on Sunday for a weeks cruise on the Discovery.

I will update when I get back

Fenreef, I am also driving up to the port - we are just off junction 29 M1 so a bit of a treck for us too but been told its quite an easy route. Planning to stop off a wetherby services to break up the journey. Im not too keen on driving the distance but looking forward to the result- a great holiday!. Again we have booked a premier inn so not the rush in the morning .

I wasn't sure of the procedure at the port but thanks to peoples replies I feel a bit more confident in what to expect.

Edited by Sarah888
Spelling

Cannot quite understand all the posts for such a simple operation, drive to Newcastle, drop off luggage, park your car and check-in - could not be easier.

Enjoy everyone - sure you will.

Fenreed and Sarah888,

Driving to Port of Tyne is not too bad from the M1. We do it regularly from Sheffield as we cruise with Fred. Olsen and Cruise & Maritime as well as Marella. Much prefer sailing from there or Liverpool.

Take your preferred route to the A1 then at J.49 turn off onto the A168 which becomes the A19 and takes you all the way. It is much quieter than the A1. When you exit the Tyne Tunnel and go through the pay barrier (was £1.70 each way last year, cash only, no change given (check website)) follow the brown tourist signs (I think it's the first exit) for cruise/ferry terminal and shopping centre. There is always someone on the gate to direct you to the correct area whether you are parking or just dropping off luggage.

Fenreed, I know what you mean about Intercruise. We used them once and they drove off from Port of Tyne with the luggage doors of the coach open then drove straight past Woodall Services where they were supposed to be dropping off. Never again!

Fenreed and Sarah888,

Take your preferred route to the A1 then at J.49 turn off onto the A168 which becomes the A19 and takes you all the way. It is much quieter than the A1. When you exit the Tyne Tunnel and go through the pay barrier (was £1.70 each way last year, cash only, no change given (check website)) follow the brown tourist signs (I think it's the first exit) for cruise/ferry terminal and shopping centre. There is always someone on the gate to direct you to the correct area whether you are parking or just dropping off luggage

We are also coming from Sheffield and have always gone straight up the A1 but your route looks good - I guess it's dual carriageway all the way?? Think we'll try it for a change!

We are also coming from Sheffield and have always gone straight up the A1 but your route looks good - I guess it's dual carriageway all the way?? Think we'll try it for a change!
Yes, dual carriageway after A1. A nice leisurely drive.

Beware. Some sat-navs don't recognize the Tyne Tunnel is there and try to take you through Newcastle!

Yes, dual carriageway after A1. A nice leisurely drive.

Beware. Some sat-navs don't recognize the Tyne Tunnel is there and try to take you through Newcastle!

You need to make sure that the satnav is not set to avoid toll charges.

Thanks all for all your responses.

Tui also responded..................

Good Afternoon ****

Thank you for your email

Once you arrive at the port the staff will direct you to the luggage drop off area, and you'll be shown where to park your car. There'll be a free shuttle bus from the car park to the ship.

Northumbrian Quay

Port of Tyne

International passenger Terminal

Cobledene,

North Shields,

Tyne and Wear

NE29 6EE

If I can help with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Advisor

TUI UK

So there we have it!