Allure dining and show reservations

markf

I PLANNED ON 5 NIGHTS for dinner, is it necessary to reserve ahead for each night or can I do so on board.

How do the show reservations work,,can you not just walk in without reservations?

I assume if you have reservations , that actual seats are NOT assigned.--is that correct?

How does the mustwer drill work, do they make you take life jackets? some lines do some don't.

A recent MSC cruise made you take your life jackets, NCL and Princess do not

I PLANNED ON 5 NIGHTS for dinner, is it necessary to reserve ahead for each night or can I do so on board.

How do the show reservations work,,can you not just walk in without reservations?

I assume if you have reservations , that actual seats are NOT assigned.--is that correct?

How does the mustwer drill work, do they make you take life jackets? some lines do some don't.

A recent MSC cruise made you take your life jackets, NCL and Princess do not

You must have MTD, you can make reservations or just walk up and have a table for two or with a group.

On Allure all muster drills are at indoor venues or at the Aqua show outside seating, you show up with no life jackets.

Use your cruise planner to make show reservations, if you have a reservation, they scan your seapass card, you walk right in and find a seat, if you have no reservations you line up outside and are let in about 10 minutes before show time.

Showrooms are usually pretty full before the non reservations are let in, I have seen the lines with a hundred or so waiting to get in to no avail, especially the ice shows.

You can book shows on your cruise planner or wait to book on the tv once on board.

I'm just off the Allure and I recommend you make as manyreservations as you can as early as you can. We had reservations for all the shows but we usually arrived just beforethey let standby in. We managed to getseats, but not great seats. You are correct,there are no assigned seats. The nicething is that if you don't make your reservation because you changed yourmind...you don't have to feel bad because someone in standby will get yourspot. Once we were on board we wanted tochange a few reservations but by then there were no spaces left for (almost)any of the shows. So don't wait untilyou are on board to book.

I waited too long to make dinner reservations and only gotone spot that I wanted. We didn't tryjust showing up for dinner without a reservation so I can't offer advice onthat.

I agree with what others had said. My advice is to make reservations for shows and then plan your dinning around that. If you make bookings for dinning then you can always cancel or change them so I would secure my slots especially if eating in the MDR regularly is important to you.

I agree with what others had said. My advice is to make reservations for shows and then plan your dinning around that. If you make bookings for dinning then you can always cancel or change them so I would secure my slots especially if eating in the MDR regularly is important to you.

Agreed and that's what I did for our up-coming cruise on the Allure.

I agree with other posters. Make as many reservations as possible now, especially for what is important to you. The shows were important to me. I particularly selected the Allure over the Oasis so I could see Chicago instead of Hairspray. The water show is great, too. It's basically a cirque du soleil show with diving.

I agree with other posters. Make as many reservations as possible now, especially for what is important to you. The shows were important to me. I particularly selected the Allure over the Oasis so I could see Chicago instead of Hairspray. The water show is great, too. It's basically a cirque du soleil show with diving.

We cruised Allure in March - made all reservations to shows in advanced and ate 6 of the 7 nights in the MDR. Our 3 kids loved the dinning choices (ages 10-15) in the MDR and felt like they got to try lots of things. We decided to save money by not dinning at any of the specialty restaurants. Our friends went to some of the specialty places for lunch and figured that out on the cruise, then they joined us in the MDR each night. Only one night did we eat in windjammer.

FYI - Allure has Mama Mia not Chicago unless it changes for 2018.

FYI ---------

I am amazed how many people reserve shows and then are a no-show.

The standby line has a good shot of getting in to see shows.

May not be the seat you want, but.

The only close call of not getting in would be the comedy club, that I would definitely reserve, however this summer on the all in the standby line got in.

Enjoy the Allure, we do.

I am going to venture a guess that people reserve the shows and then can't go because they are stuck in the dining room because the service is soooooooooooooooooo slow!!!! *That was our experience on the Oasis but of course, we were sitting with family and friends at a large table that took forever to serve. Why they cannot put two waiters at a table for twelve I just do not understand!!

I am going to venture a guess that people reserve the shows and then can't go because they are stuck in the dining room because the service is soooooooooooooooooo slow!!!! *That was our experience on the Oasis but of course, we were sitting with family and friends at a large table that took forever to serve. Why they cannot put two waiters at a table for twelve I just do not understand!!

We experienced the same slow service in the MDR on Oasis, and we only had a table for 4.