Orlando to Tampa

Canadianmama3

Renting a car is the best option - depending upon traffic, time of the day, and where they are starting from the drive takes about 75-90 min.

I understand that renting a car is the best option. But for various reasons (that aren't my place to discuss) they won't be driving.

I'm looking for alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can take Amtrak from Orlando to Tampa. It takes about two hours. I think there are only two direct trains a day. You’d have to take Uber or a cab from the Orlando airport to the Amtrak station (which is just south of downtown) and then do the same from the Tampa station to the port. There are also several long-distance bus companies that go between the two cities: Megabus, Red Coach and Greyhound, among others. Again, you’d have to get from the Orlando airport to the station and so on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. I've been searching but really the only solution I can think of is them hiring a car (sedan or limo). But that's going to be pricey. So I'm going to suggest that they either drop the idea of visiting Orlando if they want the cruise or of Tampa. Or tell them to stick to port Canaveral cruises.

Thanks. I've been searching but really the only solution I can think of is them hiring a car (sedan or limo). But that's going to be pricey. So I'm going to suggest that they either drop the idea of visiting Orlando if they want the cruise or of Tampa. Or tell them to stick to port Canaveral cruises.

Did they look at a flight using Southwest Airlines?

I found on the Orlando Airport website that FL Superior Shuttle (407) 583-7514 and

Friendly Transportation (321) 250-0009 are two out of town shuttles that provide transpostation to Tampa.

I found two Friendly Transportation listings thru a Google search that had a different phone number ((407) 641-6484) but had bad reviews - a 2 Star rating from the BBB and a 1.5 Star rating from yelp*.

So I'd suggest contacting FL Superior Shuttle at (407) 583-7514 or visit their website.

Greyhound runs 4 times a day, most days, leaving Orlando 0530, 1015, 1315, 1820 (check your particular day)

travel time station to station is about 2 hours. Cost varies by day and time but everything I see is under $20 per person. they could UBER or TAXI on either side to/from hotel/pier

MEGABUS also has 1 a day at 0630 arriving Tampa 0900 ..... https://www.wanderu.com/en/bus-tickets/us-fl/orlando/us-fl/tampa/

bus is the least expensive and least 'impressive' if that's the right word.

If you want something better .... a limo' service charges by the hour ..... you can call / contact / email and get a price.

I just ran a 'dummy' route from the attractions area of Orlando (Universal) to the Tampa Cruise Terminal (Channelside area). UBER X was $70 and XL was $170 (note that UBER pricing is dynamic so your results may vary ... this is an ESTIMATE) This option WOULD be door - to - door ......

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 2 weeks later...

Are they planning on going to the parks in Orlando? If so, there is a shuttle that will take people from Orlando to Busch Gardens in Tampa for free with the purchase of certain theme park tickets.

http://www.*************.com/buschgardens/shuttletransportation.htm

https://secure.mearstransportation.com/MearsExpress/BuschGardens.asp