OBC for Xmas

Ram32

Hi- first time cruising in March and I want to get the kids OBC as a gift. I am curious about two things:

1. What can it be used for - specifically can they use it at the arcade? Shops? Treats?

2. If I purchase it under their names online is it on their card only? Or is it on our “room” account?

I guess I am assuming all of us get our own card for the room.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

#1- yes, it can be used anywhere money can be spent onboard

#2- it will go on the “room account”. Maybe a better idea would be to get them NCL gift cards. That way they will receive a physical gift to take on board. Once you are checked in and on the ship, go to guest services and have the gift cards applied to the kids’ cards. You will remove the kids from your credit card linked to your cabin and set up separate “cash” accounts for them using the gift cards. Provided the DSC is paid in advance before you sail, they will have that money to charge around the ship as they see fit. (If the DSC isn’t paid in advance, that would come off the gift card).

Hi- first time cruising in March and I want to get the kids OBC as a gift. I am curious about two things:

1. What can it be used for - specifically can they use it at the arcade? Shops? Treats?

2. If I purchase it under their names online is it on their card only? Or is it on our “room” account?

I guess I am assuming all of us get our own card for the room.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OBC you purchase can be used for anything and it gets applied to the person you give it to.

Yes everyone has their own key card and spending privileges (depending on how you set up accounts). I would not set the kids accounts up using a credit card as I have read stories about them blowing $800+ in the arcade.