Which Nassau excursions are worth the money?

CruzinKittie

How do you get here to Gold Rock Beach? Is this a excursion or you did it on your own? Is there restrooms? Looking for something new to do. Don't want to do anything with Atlantis and have been to cabbage beach twice. Junkaroo seems worse then cabbage.

I booked a tour through Viator to Lucayan National Park. The actual tour company was H Forbes, and it is a big local company. Very reputable. We had terrific guides who took excellent care of us. You can probably book with them directly. In fact, due to some storms and rough seas, we were very late arriving into port (about 2 hours late). We actually missed our tour bus and were so broken hearted about what to do instead. The Forbes crew did not want to see us disappointed -- they took an empty charter bus with just my son and I, and the driver raced (safely) across the island to catch up to the Lucayan National Park group who had just picked up the last passengers from a hotel. We literally met in the middle of a side road, hopped off our bus and onto the other bus, and continued with the tour just as it was actually getting started. They went far ABOVE AND BEYOND to ensure we got to see Gold Rock Beach! The guides were very friendly and full of information about the islands, and the buses were nice, spacious, and air conditioned.

There are caves at the National Park across the street. Perhaps worth a quick glance, but don't waste time here. Head over to Gold Rock Beach and enjoy the beautiful beach. As others said, we were one of only about 20 people here - nearly all on our tour. There were no amenities on the beach - it was all natural.

After leaving there, we stopped at a nice little restaurant on the beach with a great view for a delicious lunch. There were restrooms there - I cannot remember if there were restrooms at the National Park. It was HOT and there was a lady selling cold drinks and home-made banana bread on site.

We also stopped at a rum cake shop for souvenirs as requested by some on the tour. We were back at the ship with plenty of time to shop and have a couple drinks before boarding.