Shore Excursioneer?

rjm11

Um if company one (NCL) and company two (and Excursion Provider) enter into any agree, it is only binding on those two companies. While NCL can give an exclusive right for booking directly them, they have absolutely zero control over what third parties arrange or sell excursions. You can easily go to the ShoreExcursioneer.com web site and find almost every port that any cruise ship sails to (other than private islands of course) listed with numerous excursions offered at each.
An agent (SE) acts on behalf of the principal (provider) so that's why some tours are blocked on SE. They can't book something on behalf of the tour company if the tour company can't do it themselves. That's just simple general law about agents and principals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Now you are saying something completely different. If company A (NCL) has a contract with company B (an excursion company), that contract can exclude specifically company B from offering those same excursion outside of NLC. However neither A nor B can black Shore Excrusioneer from offering their own excursion through their own contracts. Thus NCL has no ability to block a 3rd party form selling excursions at any port (unless of course there is government involvement and they refuse to license the third party, but that still is not NCL banning things).

Your initial post was not very clear as to what it was you are saying. The bottom line is that a 3rd party can sell excursions at any port other than the private islands which is the point I was making.

Never said that NCL can block anyone from selling. But they can block a provider and its agents if they agree to exclusive rights.

If I had to guess, the provider has an exclusive contract with NCL for all excursions they sell. So even if NCL might not offer a specific tour with the provider on your cruise, the provider may be blocked from offering all of its tours to NCL passengers. Providers often have more than a handful of different tours. If they can't sell any to NCL passengers per their agreement, then SE can't either.

Just trying to give a likely answer to whomever asked it.

Never said that NCL can block anyone from selling. But they can block a provider and its agents if they agree to exclusive rights.

If I had to guess, the provider has an exclusive contract with NCL for all excursions they sell. So even if NCL might not offer a specific tour with the provider on your cruise, the provider may be blocked from offering all of its tours to NCL passengers. Providers often have more than a handful of different tours. If they can't sell any to NCL passengers per their agreement, then SE can't either.

Just trying to give a likely answer to whomever asked it.

It's the only blocked excursion out of everything SE has for the island, so... Still confusing.

Que sera sera. I can book it through other 3rd party sites, but I just liked the good reviews.

It's the only blocked excursion out of everything SE has for the island, so... Still confusing.

Que sera sera. I can book it through other 3rd party sites, but I just liked the good reviews.

Very weird. If there's no deposit required I would go for it if there's another ship in port at the same date you can say you're on. If a deposit is due it may be worth using a different site.

We were faced with this in grand cayman. We wanted to do the dolphin swim but the company there had a non-compete agreement with the cruise line we were on (carnival). So to book it through them, we had to lie and say we were on a different line or in a hotel. We ultimately decided against it because payment was due upfront and we didn't want to get caught in a situation where we couldn't get a refund if we missed the port.

We did end up booking it through Island marketing. I don't think they even asked what cruise line we were on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've used them for 2 excursions on my cruise last week. The one in Cozumel have no problem at all. However we had a small problem with the one in Roatan. The shore excurisioneer description said my excursion includes beach chairs for adults AND welcome drink, however when we got there we're only given one or the other. They said my local guide did not pay for both (probably a miscommunication with Shore Excursioneer and the local provider). We emailed Shore Excursioneer to clarify but did not get any response.

I would say their price is good, however you have to take the risk that if you have any problems during your excursion, they will not help.