Luggage help

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!


Unregistered, are you just back from your Thomson cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:28 AM.
#1
bridlington
268 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Hi all

Can someone tell me how the luggage works on Thomson I usually go with P&O and you check your luggage in at Manchester then you see it in your cabin. Do you have to collect it at the airport and take it to your coach to be taken to your cabin

Many thanks
#2
Dronfield. NE Derbyshire
451 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
You usually collect your luggage and take it to the coach. You then see it in your cabin. However it goes direct from check-in to your cabin in the Carribean and also I believe in Dubrovnik
#5
bridlington
268 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Can I ask another question!!
I fly at 6.10am so will be landing quite early can you board the ship or will I have to hang about

Thanks
#8
552 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by bridmo
Thanks you I'm flying to Malaga returning from Gran Canaria
Procedure for there, when you drop your bag at the airport going out they will know your cabin no and tag your bag, YOU COLLECT your bag at malaga bag reclaim, take it to your bus and you will next see it at your cabin.
Coming back you will collect your bag from a storage point at the quayside, put it on the bus,take it off the bus at the airport and check it in as normal.
#9
bridlington
268 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Thanks you all for your help I am just a bit of a worrier as first time traveling solo so want to make sure I know what I'm doing
#10
Dronfield. NE Derbyshire
451 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by okavango
Coming back you will collect your bag from a storage point at the quayside, put it on the bus,take it off the bus at the airport and check it in as normal.
We find this really useful as you get access to your suitcase and can sneak any last minute bits in your case.
#11
West Mids
1,744 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Don't know if anyone else has noticed but for our cruise Sep next year it states on our Thomson booking site that hand luggage is now, or will be, 5Kg not 7kg I have sent off an email to pretravel for confirmation and will the post reply, if any.
#12
West Mids
1,744 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Just received a very fast reply from Thomson I also asked about any itinerary changes for the Caribbean and all, at the moment, is looking good.

I have looked into this for you and I can confirm you and luggage allowance for your holiday would be 7 kg.
Our Product and Planning department have advised that we do not have any plans to change any of our itineraries at present for Winter 17/18, in respect of the recent hurricanes.
Normal terms and conditions apply to these bookings and as far as we are aware, the cruises itineraries will go ahead as planned.
If anything changes in the future, we would contact our guests to advise.
I do hope this helps
#13
southampton
499 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by Pensioncruiser
Just received a very fast reply from Thomson I also asked about any itinerary changes for the Caribbean and all, at the moment, is looking good.

I have looked into this for you and I can confirm you and luggage allowance for your holiday would be 7 kg.
Our Product and Planning department have advised that we do not have any plans to change any of our itineraries at present for Winter 17/18, in respect of the recent hurricanes.
Normal terms and conditions apply to these bookings and as far as we are aware, the cruises itineraries will go ahead as planned.
If anything changes in the future, we would contact our guests to advise.
I do hope this helps
Thank,s Roger very helpful, the two Island,s that took a hit on my cruise are St Thomas and San Juan so will have to wait and see.
#14
southampton
499 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by so,ton saint
Thank,s Roger very helpful, the two Island,s that took a hit on my cruise are St Thomas and San Juan so will have to wait and see.
P.S have just looked at the P.O forum and i can see they have changed two of there port,s of call.
replace St maartin for St Kitts and Dominica for Antigua.
#15
West Mids
1,744 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Think it's all ireverant at the moment but would be disappointed if we could not visit St Maarten, its our favorite just love lunch overlooking the beach but they have a lot more to worry about than us at the moment. Hope that Thomson have a program set-up to aid the locals. Probably wrong to say but we don't now get off the ship in Dominica, used to love Portsmouth but it's not one of our POC next year anyway. Will keep in touch about catching up next year😁

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app
#17
Teignmouth
318 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
I've just printed out our e ticket and notice it now states on pages 6/7 that if you are flying to a cruise your hand luggage allowance is upgraded to 7kg.

I think that should be irrelevant PC!
#19
bridlington
268 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Thanks for all the replies
I have just received my e-tickets and it states that have to go to Tui cruises for my labels to be put on then go to bag drop, Manchester airport could anyone tell me where about's this is as I'm at the airport at 4.00am and would like to know where I'm heading

Thanks in advance
#20
552 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by bridmo
Thanks for all the replies
I have just received my e-tickets and it states that have to go to Tui cruises for my labels to be put on then go to bag drop, Manchester airport could anyone tell me where about's this is as I'm at the airport at 4.00am and would like to know where I'm heading

Thanks in advance
There will be staff at the start of the check in queue who will ask if your are on the cruise and put the labels on your cases. You dont really need to look for anyone THEY will find you.