Horizon Serenity Deck

cruisin56

Hi, Can anyone tell me the situation with the availability of getting a chair on the Serenity deck if you went there around 11am. Will they be taken by the Chair Hogs. Also what are the chairs like...regular loungers, padded loungers, sunbeds, etc.. thanks

Just passed through a couple times but never stayed. Seemed legit crowded by that time moreso than chair hogs. Padding was NICE! Much nicer than anywhere else on board that I saw. We were in Havana and the chairs there weren’t near as nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, Can anyone tell me the situation with the availability of getting a chair on the Serenity deck if you went there around 11am. Will they be taken by the Chair Hogs. Also what are the chairs like...regular loungers, padded loungers, sunbeds, etc.. thanks

There are sun-beds, clamshells, and padded loungers. We were on a cruise in May and arrived about 8 to grab a clamshell. We stayed until lunchtime and handed it over to a couple looking for a place. The towel hut doesn't open until about 9 on sea days.

We used the Horizon Serenity area on our 3 port days (San Juan - been there bazillion times, Grand Turk - ship left at 2PM!, and Amber Cove - hate it). Mostly uncrowded, except for the hot tubs, usually 6 to 8 persons in each. Nice lunch options available there as well.

Should be just like any other Serenity area on other Carnival ships. You'll have a better chance on a port day or rainy day of getting a lounger, especially at 1100 am, which is prime time. At 1100 on a sea day, you'll only get a lounger when somebody vacates one.

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for your response.. just curious why did you hate Amber cove

We used the Horizon Serenity area on our 3 port days (San Juan - been there bazillion times, Grand Turk - ship left at 2PM!, and Amber Cove - hate it). Mostly uncrowded, except for the hot tubs, usually 6 to 8 persons in each. Nice lunch options available there as well.

Are you kidding 11 am?????????????? No chance.