Poat Cruise Seattle with Flight at 3:20 PM

carlsbadguy

I am planning on using the Seattle Port Valet and have my luggage transported directly to the airport and take the light rail to the airport. Definitely, want to visit the Chihuly Gardens. What else should I visit and what time should I head to the airport?

Thanks

We did this yesterday! Loved Chihuly Garden and Glass! They had a secured room for small bags/carry ons.

Your boarding pass will give your boarding time (ours was 40 minutes prior to take off). Double check your gate number upon arrival or online (ours changed from what was printed).

The area of Seattle Center was perfect for us to spend time: http://www.seattlecenter.com. There are quite a few things to do and the outside pedestrian area is park-like, with open spaces.

The Armory has a number of restaurants indoors like a giant food court and there was plenty of room to keep our bags with us while we ate. They had free WiFi there, too. The Monorail was just outside The Armory. It costs $2.50 one way to Westlake Center, takes 2 minutes and runs every 10 minutes. You ride the escalators or elevators to the lower level to connect with the Light Rail to SeaTac (there is only 1 airport stop so it’s very simple). Buy the tickets from the machine before the final staircase (or elevator). Tickets cost $3, the journey is roughly 40 minutes and runs every 6 to 15 minutes, depending on time of day.

It takes a few minutes to walk from the train to security (I believe the official number is 8-10 minutes).

What we did was try to arrive at the airport a little more than an hour before boarding. It took us 1 hour and 20 minutes from the time we left The Armory to arrival at the airport and then the time to reach Security. We figured the maximum wait times for the Monorail + Light Rail to be safe (also check Port of Seattle’s website for any information in case of delays) and also checked the security line wait times online (there have been recent reports of long lines, but ours was reportedly 15 minutes or less). Everything went very smoothly and we enjoyed a great day in Seattle instead of the airport!

Enjoy!

Edited by syesmar