Seaside "Buttergate"

leos037

Sssssh .............. don't mention Kerrygold. It's becoming so popular abroad, it'll get harder and more expensive to get hold of here - especially if they export so much that they leave the domestic market short. The French have cottoned onto it and there's a butter shortage due to the bad weather this year in Europe so demand to make their croissants is high. They're slowly discovering that it's the best butter in the world.

Didn't they have protests in one of the states (somewhere like Wisconsin) when they tried to add a new tax to imported goods and Kerrygold prices were going to be impacted as a result? They put in their coffee, there.

Sorry about the Kerrygold slip!:o

You are right about Wisconsin (motto: "America's Dairyland"). Irish butter was banned under a strict state law, and people drove to neighboring states to obtain. An established creamery in Wisconsin found a workaround in April, though. They buy Irish butter in bulk from Kerrygold and prepare and repackage as Old World Creamery Irish Butter (both salted and unsalted). That settled a lawsuit filed by Irish butter fans.

On a side note, thanks Bea for your reviews. We sail on MSC for the first of three booked cruises, and even though you are considering making a change, I have appreciated your comments and critiques. We are booked in YC on all of our sailings, so I am not worried. Go raibh mile maith agat. Regards, John

Sorry about the Kerrygold slip!:o

You are right about Wisconsin (motto: "America's Dairyland"). Irish butter was banned under a strict state law, and people drove to neighboring states to obtain. An established creamery in Wisconsin found a workaround in April, though. They buy Irish butter in bulk from Kerrygold and prepare and repackage as Old World Creamery Irish Butter (both salted and unsalted). That settled a lawsuit filed by Irish butter fans.

On a side note, thanks Bea for your reviews. We sail on MSC for the first of three booked cruises, and even though you are considering making a change, I have appreciated your comments and critiques. We are booked in YC on all of our sailings, so I am not worried. Go raibh mile maith agat. Regards, John

Tá fáilte romhat, a chara! Thanks for the reminder of the Wisconsin situation. That's exactly what I'd read about before. It made me laugh, but also proud that an Irish product is regarded in such a way, LOL.

I appreciate your lovely comments, too, John. I'm not making a change, just yet. I've 3 more MSC cruises booked and am looking forward to the first of them in just over 9 weeks time in YC for 4 weeks on Splendida.

Never saw pitcher of water on any cruise line. Same with bread ,they don't put it on table now, whats a problem to ask for more if you need? And sorry I will never believe that there is not butter on ship. :rolleyes:

Carnival's new-ish "American Table" has them leaving a carafe of water on the table. I'm quite happy to pour the water myself and not wait for the service staff... which sometimes is a fairly long wait on either Carnival and MSC... especially if you've been drinking butter-less bread. :D

🤣🤣🤣..up limerick..i love kerrygold..[emoji1184]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll throw in a snakey UP THE CATS!

I'll need to watch this thread's progression to see if I need to pack a block of Kerrygold. May need to bring a loaf of Brennans too 🤔

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Me too..heard of it ok..must try it next time im in waterford..heard its great without butter[emoji37][emoji37][emoji51]🤣

Sacrilege! Everything must be smothered in Kerrygold.

Maybe a rustic turnover in place of Brennans.

Im goin on msc seaside in july and cant wait to see all brennans ..johnson mooney & o brien..kerry gold..lurec.margerine..waterford blas and hot scones with butter melting sllovef them..is there any jam on seaside...im a newbe..:cool::D:confused::halo:

Yes ... but it's not Chivers - or even Fruitfield! ;p

Im drained watching all these comments on something so small like butter..whats the world coming to..bea your an experienced cruiser and i bet your having a great laugh from those posts..i just hope they don’t run out of pizza or hot dogs..then we will have a mutiny on our hands..[emoji3]🤣..this trip is a new adventure for us..into the dark..cant wait..

:)

BTW what did you decide to do with your GS booking? Did you change cabins or left it alone?

On seeing the pics I quite like the size of the cabin, it's the balcony that I don't like. Also the food looks nice in the MDR's. So I am keeping my powder dry for a bit and see how it pans out.

I'll probably ask for some form of compo, free upgrade drinks package and some OBC.

Im drained watching all these comments on something so small like butter..whats the world coming to..bea your an experienced cruiser and i bet your having a great laugh from those posts..i just hope they don’t run out of pizza or hot dogs..then we will have a mutiny on our hands..[emoji3]🤣..this trip is a new adventure for us..into the dark..cant wait..

I agree with Bea in envying you first cruisers. We had the best time on our first cruise, partly just because of the adventure of it all. This may not be our first cruise, but it is our first on MSC. Into the great beyond we go in just over 2 weeks' time. :cool:

Can't agree with putting down people's concerns, even if they are as small as a pat of butter, though. I wouldn't want to be on a cruise without my favorite drink. Mind you it is terribly unlikely since my favorite drink is whatever delicious concoction they dream up, but still I do see their point. Everyone has their small pleasures. Besides. Had they not posted this uproariously amusing post, I'd never have researched Italian eating and drinking habits. I'm now looking much more forward to our cruise because of it. :)

I agree with Bea in envying you first cruisers. We had the best time on our first cruise, partly just because of the adventure of it all. This may not be our first cruise, but it is our first on MSC. Into the great beyond we go in just over 2 weeks' time. :cool:

Can't agree with putting down people's concerns, even if they are as small as a pat of butter, though. I wouldn't want to be on a cruise without my favorite drink. Mind you it is terribly unlikely since my favorite drink is whatever delicious concoction they dream up, but still I do see their point. Everyone has their small pleasures. Besides. Had they not posted this uproariously amusing post, I'd never have researched Italian eating and drinking habits. I'm now looking much more forward to our cruise because of it. :)

Gert, I can recommend a great vacation rental on an olive farm in the Tuscan hills near the coast. With views of Pisa in the distance. Just like Seaside you occasionally wiffed the septic system, we said it was the Jasmine. And you wouldn't want to drive up the hill in the dark. But it had an original pizza oven, and the pool shower was part of an olive tree.

They offered an Italian gourmet experience, it was a fantastic experience that took up a whole afternoon. If the opportunity arose we would definitely stay there again.

Thats a very good opinion on this trivial matter..i joined the forum to get some facts and other peoples reviews..mostly i got some very nasty reviews of the msc seaside...but when i saw a complaint about some margarine i was amused...this is my first cruise with my wife on the seaside new ship and im thinking that msc are having some teething problems..i will check on some more reviews in a couple of weeks,maybe by then things might improve...looking at footage on youtube looks great..i will keep an eye out for your experiences on seaside on your return...have a great one..Thanks..R

Thats a very good opinion on this trivial matter..i joined the forum to get some facts and other peoples reviews..mostly i got some very nasty reviews of the msc seaside...but when i saw a complaint about some margarine i was amused...this is my first cruise with my wife on the seaside new ship and im thinking that msc are having some teething problems..i will check on some more reviews in a couple of weeks,maybe by then things might improve...looking at footage on youtube looks great..i will keep an eye out for your experiences on seaside on your return...have a great one..Thanks..R

We;ll be the guinea pigs in 17 days!

I'll throw in a snakey UP THE CATS!

I'll need to watch this thread's progression to see if I need to pack a block of Kerrygold. May need to bring a loaf of Brennans too 🤔

I'd say up Wicklow (but we are crap so!!!!!)

I'll stick the Kerrygold, Brennans Batch Loaf in the bag and don't forget the Cheese and Onion Tayto :)