Booked a HAL cruise and two weeks later the price dropped!!!

CruisingMike

I would get travel agent to push for an upgrade or onboard credit. The obc is usually a portion of the difference, not the full amount but they are not obligated to give you anything.

I have always found them to be pretty reasonable with a polite request

Final payment is usually 75 days, but on some cruises cancellation begins 90 days out. Usually cruises of 30 days and more. Prinsendam 30 day cruises and our Hawaii Tahiti & Marquesas was another.

A sharp roll call member caught it on the latter and warned people (for trip insurance purposes) that cancellation started in December if they wanted HAL's insurance or any other that had the requirement of "no penalties". Our final payment was a month later IIRC in January.

Thank you, for our next cruise we will be watching for the cut-off date, so your information is very helpful, in the sad event we have to cancel.

I am surprised that your TA did not offer you the option of booking inside the final payment window given that it was only two weeks away. And give you a heads up that the price might decrease.

Overr the past years the majority of our cruises have been booked inside the final payment window for this exact reason.

I suspect that you would have more choice of cabins booking just inside the final payment window rather than just outside the window. Some people cancel just prior to the final payment date.