SEL DE MER Pop-Up or Dinner in Bermuda?

Epicureangirl

In no particular order: 1. The Dining Room at Gibb's Hill Lighthouse. 2. Jasmine Cocktail Bar and Lounge. 3. Sea Breeze at Elbow Beach (Friday tapas gets honorable mention). 4. Devil's Isle. 5. 1609 Restaurant. 6. Pearl (cheesecake gets honorable mention here). 7. Marcus

Edited by *Miss G*

Thanks Miss G -- I had Devil's Isle and Marcus on my list of possibilities but will take a look at the others too. Some will also be great lunch options as I don't plan to run back to the ship for that if I'm outside the immediate Hamilton area. I am also curious when they fit in a Gala night with only 2 sea days. :confused: They'll probably put it on a Hamilton port night so they can try to get people to get back to the ship and spend their money. ;)

I did the Veendam Bermuda last June.

The gala nights were Sunday and Thursday.

I recommend the Hog Penny pub in Hamilton. It’s straight up the street from the flagpole where the ship docks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was that 2 Galas for a 1 week itinerary? I was thinking there would only be one Gala night, but it’s been a long time since I did a short cruise.

Thanks for the suggestion, I believe I had a place noted down from that same restaurant group (Barracuda Grill?) — the more I research the more I want to try. I may have to do several lunches and dinners off the ship. The prices put me off though, especially when I convert to Canadian dollars meals are about double what I’d spend at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was that 2 Galas for a 1 week itinerary? I was thinking there would only be one Gala night, but it’s been a long time since I did a short cruise.

Thanks for the suggestion, I believe I had a place noted down from that same restaurant group (Barracuda Grill?) — the more I research the more I want to try. I may have to do several lunches and dinners off the ship. The prices put me off though, especially when I convert to Canadian dollars meals are about double what I’d spend at home.

Yes. 2 nights

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bermuda is expensive. Once you get that behind you you're golden.

3 nights in port there, getting that behind me only leaves me one sea day!

Sorry! My post had way too much colloquialism! I meant once you accept that Bermuda's prices are high you will put it behind you. It's like being in Europe. I don't try to do conversions in my head. I pretend the euro/GBP is the same as the dollar. Makes for less stress.

Yes, I am trying to ignore that. I think my groaning about prices is set-off by just getting my post-cruise Visa bill. I am excited though, and am now planning for some good meals onshore, and hopefully my mum is game for it. My daughter is a foodie so she is always up for me paying for dinner! [emoji23]

We did the Sel de Mer on the K'dam and enjoyed it. Weren't WILD about it, but enjoyed it. My sister and I then went to the pop up on the Eurodam and were sorely disappointed by the quality of the dishes.

I absolutely would do all of my dining in Bermuda. You can always (?) try the Sel de Mer on another cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!