POA - Maui excursion cancellation 3/11 & 3/12

quillwercruisers

Good morning all,

I posted this on the roll call but thought I would post it here also since I know that not everyone signs up for the roll calls.

Just found out that all Maui excursions have been cancelled for this trip. According to my PCC, the excursion desk is supposed to be sending out an email within the next 48 hours. I went on to My NCL, and the 2 excursions that I had booked were no longer there on my vacation summary. However, if you go under the explore option, it is still showing all Maui excursions.

Not sure what is going on, but will post when I hear more.

Frankly, "excursions" for some isn't the way to go in Hawaii. Way too limiting and costly, you can see and do, 5 times more, with just renting a car. Easy and simple. So much of Hawaii, is simply drive up beauty. I'm currently sitting in Kona and haven't spent a dime on touring- but have had 2 excellent days of snorkeling, coffee plantation visits (samples :) ) and National Park visits (Access Pass)

With specific activities, luaus, snorkel tours, flights etc- then just book direct,

The 2nd Maui night is cancelled.

Still, for future visitors, there aren't a lot of things on Hawaii where you would need a paid excursion. The port times are so long (sometimes overnight), you really can do stuff on your own or even book your own tours (mostly boat or aircraft stuff). If you book an excursion, you really don't need to pay the cruise line premium.

Of course, with that said, NCL seems to be screwing things up often so either go with a Princess Hawaiian cruise instead or make sure the excursion has a good change/cancellation policy..

Thanks for the advice everyone. It's hard to "rent a car" when there is 10 people traveling.

2 cars then. Unless 9 of them are kids or something, you should be able to wrangle up 2 drivers. Driving anywhere in Hawaii is easy except Honolulu.

I pray all will be well for your cruise. For us, the cruise disappeared from the NCL site and then NCL representatives told both our TA and me when we called separately along with others on our cruise that the ship was fully booked. Surprise on our roll call someone received a letter and one by one we all received the news. This might not be the case for you. Believe me, I am not a NCL cheerleader but I do think sometimes we jump to conclusions based on past experiences or someone telling a story of their experience. Try to think positive and I pray you do get to enjoy your cruise.

For us, it was the last straw and the DH said he needed a break from NCL which I agreed especially due to the treatment we received during this cancelation. I still will enjoy my cruise on POA as the people working hard on the ship are not my issue. And as usual, I will give tips to all those who made me feel welcome above the DSC.

I am sending positive thoughts for a great vacation for you and yours!