Noro on Explorer 9/30

Jammu2

We were on this cruise, never saw any evidence of NORO outbreak, coincierge denied there was an outbreak. We were everywhere on the ship but always washed our hands. Not even a hint of illness for us. Seemed to be plenty of people roaming around wherever we went .

THERE WAS NO NORO VIRUS BREAK OUT ON THE EXPLORER.................

I got on the ship on September 17th and left October 5th.

No Noro breakout....................

Bags are ALWAYS put out if the seas get a little rough.

Please don't spread rumors.............

Great Pacific Northwest Cruise.....................

I was also on this cruise and saw no signs of Noro. Noticed the barf bags, but attributed it to the seas being a little rough at times. I traveled with 4 couples - all ok

A few people having noro does not constitute an outbreak.

Exactly. There has to be 5 reported cases within 5 hours (5 in 5) for procedures to be put in place, even then it’s not referred to as an ‘outbreak’ at those numbers.

Every cruise a number of guests and crew will come down with noro and get quarantined. Doesn’t mean every cruise there’s a Noro outbreak!

Some people are so dramatic haha!

I was on the 9/28 through 10/5 cruise. I saw the barf bags but what I found odd was (1) the seas were NOT rough and (2) the barf bags were not at every stairwell. I've been on ships with rough seas and the barf bags were found at every stairwell on each floor. Odd to me.

I was on the 9/28 through 10/5 cruise. I saw the barf bags but what I found odd was (1) the seas were NOT rough and (2) the barf bags were not at every stairwell. I've been on ships with rough seas and the barf bags were found at every stairwell on each floor. Odd to me.

That is pretty odd. I’ve also been on cruises during rough seas and as you said, barf bags by every stairwell/elevator. Maybe left over from the previous sailing?

Exactly. There has to be 5 reported cases within 5 hours (5 in 5) for procedures to be put in place, even then it’s not referred to as an ‘outbreak’ at those numbers.

Every cruise a number of guests and crew will come down with noro and get quarantined. Doesn’t mean every cruise there’s a Noro outbreak!

Some people are so dramatic haha!

I guess this virus really has always been around...in schools, day cares, nursing homes, hospitals, etc. Anywhere there are people in close quarters. It’s in recent years that the media has been sensationalizing it. With something like noro, I fall for it every time, because of my fear of vomiting. Probably also because I’m a teacher and I have two sons of my own in middle school!

I am currently on Explorer and have no idea what the OP is talking about. Yes, there are barf bags set at the stairs but nothing else to indicate any outbreak of noro. The bags were there at boarding. As noted above, probably from the last cruise.

We were on EX Sept 14-Oct 5.

Didn't not hear of or see any cleaners etc. that are out with Noro. Been on Noro ships before and you can tell when they are cleaning a lot more. Perhaps it was on a different deck than we walked on or saw.

The bags on the stair case came out when the seas became a bit rougher on the Sept 21 cruise. The Sept 28 was a lot calmer but they put them out again on the sea days.........

I have not been able to find anyone who can confirm that there was an "outbreak" of noro on the previous cruise. The barf bags are at the stairwell railings, but other than that there isn't any evidence of it. The barf bags didn't come out until about the second day so I believe these are for rougher seas as the Captain said there would be. There is no excessive cleaning and we are serving ourselves with the utensils.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:19 PM, Archangelclk said:

I am flying into Orlando 1 day before my cruise from Canada. Where can I get some of this Noro spray hand sanitizer from? Does walmart carry it? Ill be staying close to Port Canaveral and would like to pick some up before we embark.

I always buy it on Amazon. I haven’t seen it in a store yet. 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, Goofyfanatic said:

We were on the previous cruise on explorer. Bags were out every day on the stairwell railings. No Noro just high swells to Rock us asleep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the week before that and the bags were everywhere.  I mentioned it to DH because I don't recall seeing that before in the stairwells.  No one got sick tho,