Looking for an excursion without stingrays

Katshia

Hello!

We are cruising to Cayman in about 3 weeks time, and have been hunting for an excursion without stingrays involved. I have been to Stingray Island and LOVED it, my partner however is really freaked out by the idea and does not want to go or be near stingrays. We have looked through Cozumel and saw nothing, and I searched around and really couldn't find much to do. We are not looking to zipline/kayak/or anything of that nature as he has back problems. Snorkeling would be neat, but everything I saw involves stingray city.

We would love to find a nice quiet beach, bar, unique restaurant, or something of the sort. Something away from kids/families/partiers.I do not remember if the port area was large and with a lot of shopping or not. While we wouldn't mind browsing some shops and getting back on the boat, it feels like a waste to come all that way and not check out something new! We are already planning on staying on the boat for the Jamaica stop as I had some scary experiences when I last traveled there, and the beach we saw was not worth getting off the boat for. Any suggestions for Cayman would be appreciated!

Hi! No suggestions but I'm following your thread along. I'm traveling with my DH and we've both been to Stingray City (I've been twice) and are looking for something else to do also. DH can't walk long distances and we aren't looking for an AI since we'll have an alcohol pkg on the ship.

Hoping someone will come along and help us both out. ;)

Unfortunately, any beaches close to the port will be relatively crowded, depending on how many ships are in port. The least crowded will be those without facilities of any kind. See the various Seven Mile Beach threads for more info.

For fewer crowds rent a car and head to East End or Rum Point. The further from the port you go, the less people you will see.