BREAKING news, Price Drop Policy...new info

Sue L

Rather then have this info buried in the other thread I thought I would make it a separate one.

I just got off the phone with both the rep on the travel agent line AND Crown and Anchor and they said the change in policy for price drops that was to start TODAY, has been canceled and at this time they have no further time frame if it is going to be changed or when that could happen.

I did explain that I was told the complete opposite this morning and she said they had numerous complaints and it was rescinded earlier today. :D:D

Rather then have this info buried in the other thread I thought I would make it a separate one.

I just got off the phone with both the rep on the travel agent line AND Crown and Anchor and they said the change in policy for price drops that was to start TODAY, has been canceled and at this time they have no further time frame if it is going to be changed or when that could happen.

I did explain that I was told the complete opposite this morning and she said they had numerous complaints and it was rescinded earlier today. :D:D

Thanks for posting this Sue and starting a new thread. :)

Thanks Sue :D

I heard it was actually meant to start yesterday but for some reason it was delayed until today and now it has been cancelled...I like the bit about 'numerous complaints' :D

Thanks Sue :D

I heard it was actually meant to start yesterday but for some reason it was delayed until today and now it has been cancelled...I like the bit about 'numerous complaints' :D

I suspect the phones were ringing off the hook.;):D

What was the new policy going to be??

Prices drop before final payment would be the same, lowering the balance owed but after final payment you would be given on board credit

Oh, on a side note I did ask IF and WHEN this policy does go into effect if a person had extra obc what would happen to it in this case and said it WOULD be credited back to the card on your account.

Thanks Sue for posting. This is what I was told also this morning when making a new ressie. I asked about the new price drop policy and they acted like "what"? But then after explaining the whole rumor, she confessed that it had to be rescinded before it ever got off the ground:D

Thanks Sue for posting. This is what I was told also this morning when making a new ressie. I asked about the new price drop policy and they acted like "what"? But then after explaining the whole rumor, she confessed that it had to be rescinded before it ever got off the ground:D

I guess I was either too early or the person didn't get the memo.:rolleyes:

Sue .... does the policy being rescinded only apply in the USA ?? it has been implemented in the UK !

Our price drop policy is completely different from what they were going to do with the US policy. :mad:

Sadly it looks like ours wont be cancelled....hence no more booking in UK for me.

Thanks for the info Sue. Probably didn't hurt that on the other thread the talk was pretty strong about canceling and waiting to book last minute. Chalk one up for the little guys. lol!

Colleen

Our price drop policy is completely different from what they were going to do with the US policy. :mad:

Sadly it looks like ours wont be cancelled....hence no more booking in UK for me.

What is your new price drop. I know so many of the rules are different, I don't understand why they just don't standardize all these policies there would be a lot less issues if they did.

What is your new price drop. I know so many of the rules are different, I don't understand why they just don't standardize all these policies there would be a lot less issues if they did.

Hi Sue :)

Ours started June 1st. We are only allowed one change on our ressies for free...after that we are charged £35($50 approx) per person for each change. Changes include Price Drops and moving to another cabin (even if in same category!!). But of course if you change to a more expensive cabin then no charge.:rolleyes:

Our arguement is that often we cannot get the cabin we want due to them being held by TAs etc and if we have used up our free change(say for a price drop) and then we see that a cabin we really would like to have becomes available ....we would have to pay £35 pp to change to that cabin.

Often the UK suffers from what we here call 'UK system error'...UK booking system breaks down for about an hour but it is working fine in the US ..so by the time we can reserve...well a lot of the cabins have gone.

Sadly the Execs here cannot seem to grasp the fact as to why people want to change cabins and price drops is like a whole new thing to them:(

Hi Sue :)

Ours started June 1st. We are only allowed one change on our ressies for free...after that we are charged £35($50 approx) per person for each change. Changes include Price Drops and moving to another cabin (even if in same category!!). But of course if you change to a more expensive cabin then no charge.:rolleyes:

Our arguement is that often we cannot get the cabin we want due to them being held by TAs etc and if we have used up our free change(say for a price drop) and then we see that a cabin we really would like to have becomes available ....we would have to pay £35 pp to change to that cabin.

Often the UK suffers from what we here call 'UK system error'...UK booking system breaks down for about an hour but it is working fine in the US ..so by the time we can reserve...well a lot of the cabins have gone.

Sadly the Execs here cannot seem to grasp the fact as to why people want to change cabins and price drops is like a whole new thing to them:(

I knew about the change fee but didn't realize it was applied to everything, that is terrible. I still don't understand why they rules are different, I wonder if UK or US laws are involved.

I knew about the change fee but didn't realize it was applied to everything, that is terrible. I still don't understand why they rules are different, I wonder if UK or US laws are involved.

The reason RCCL UK usually give is ' different cultures-different rules' grrrrrr makes me sooooo mad :mad:

Thanks for the post, Sue. If I remember correctly, you said on page one that you did ask what would happen if and when the new policy DOES take effect and you get the OBC...and then don't use the whole OBC by the end of the cruise...you asked, but you didn't tell us what they said!!??

Sadly, I check the Liberty 11/1 prices every day and they're holdin' steady!

Archived