Carnival Glory Trip Report

I just posted the first day of our first ever Cruise (on the Carnival Glory) on my blog. We were with a church group and traveled by bus to the New York port from VA. I was along for the ride with my mom Mary, her friend Josie, my two cousins (Pat and Trice) and my daughter Nicki. We had a great time and look forward to our next cruise (hopefully with my husband in tow the next time).

Our first day on the ship:

1)Bus Ride and Arrival on the Ship

http://cyndiakadisneyqueensdisneyblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/departurearrival-day-on-ship.html

2) Lunch and Our First Look at our Stateroom

http://cyndiakadisneyqueensdisneyblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/lunch-and-our-first-look-at-stateroom.html

3) New York/Muster Drill

http://cyndiakadisneyqueensdisneyblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-yorkmuster-drill.html

I will try to post the additional days over the next week or so.

Have a great time. We really enjoyed ourselves!

You certainly take beautiful photos and I am getting more excited as we are doing this cruise at the end of Sept. I do have a question and hope you remember...where is the Burrito station? I remember that someone had posted it a while back but can't remember where I saw it. Looking forward to reading more of your posts and seeing more photos. :D

You certainly take beautiful photos and I am getting more excited as we are doing this cruise at the end of Sept. I do have a question and hope you remember...where is the Burrito station? I remember that someone had posted it a while back but can't remember where I saw it. Looking forward to reading more of your posts and seeing more photos. :D

I don't recall the exact spot but it's on the lido deck in the red sail area in one of the side windows. They have a sign so it should not be hard to find once you are there. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Great pictures !! I just got off same cruise. We had a blast !! Food, service, and entertainment were top notch. I have sailed on this itinerary numerous times. This was the only time there was perfect weather every day. NO fog during sea days. Both Halifax and Saint John's had weather in the mid to high 70's with NO RAIN or FOG !

I am still trying to "recover" from vacation, but I did get our 1st Sea Day up! Thanks for the remarks. I hope you enjoy the review!

Part 1

http://cyndiakadisneyqueensdisneyblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/our-first-sea-day-part-1.html

Part 2

http://cyndiakadisneyqueensdisneyblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/sea-day-part-2.html

Great pictures !! I just got off same cruise. We had a blast !! Food, service, and entertainment were top notch. I have sailed on this itinerary numerous times. This was the only time there was perfect weather every day. NO fog during sea days. Both Halifax and Saint John's had weather in the mid to high 70's with NO RAIN or FOG !

It rained the entire day we were in Halifax. But I loved the 70's weather in Saint John. One of the ladies in the Market told us it was one of their hottest days! Told her we would trade in a minute! lol

It rained the entire day we were in Halifax. But I loved the 70's weather in Saint John. One of the ladies in the Market told us it was one of their hottest days! Told her we would trade in a minute! lol

Just got off this cruise this a.m. also. Didn't rain a drop on us!! Had sunny, warm weather, except it got cloudy and windy around 3 p.m. in Halifax.

This is a very good review and the pictures are great. Have you tried going to Carnival's website and checking to see if there is a link to an online store to purchase items once you get home? I found a site last year after we got back from our cruise and was able to order a few items that I didn't purchase on the ship. I don't remember exactly where I found it and what all you could order. I know most people said that it can't be done, but, if I need an extra picture or 2 to give to the kids, I scan it and then have it printed with the rest of my pictures. If you have a scanner or access to one, you might try that if you can't order them online. We have taken a lot of trips where we have pictures taken, but, only buy one and scan them if we need any additional pictures.

Cindy and all who were on the Glory in the last few weeks: What have temperatures been like? I am always warm so I will be fine, but DH loves the heat and not so much being chilly. I keep telling him he needs more long pants than shorts this trip...and a sweater...but what can we realistically expect by way of temperatures and wind chills at sea? Forecasts for Halifax and St. John are 70's by day and 60's by night...but what about at sea?

I don't recall the exact spot but it's on the lido deck in the red sail area in one of the side windows. They have a sign so it should not be hard to find once you are there. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the info and we are really looking forward to this trip.

This is a very good review and the pictures are great. Have you tried going to Carnival's website and checking to see if there is a link to an online store to purchase items once you get home? I found a site last year after we got back from our cruise and was able to order a few items that I didn't purchase on the ship. I don't remember exactly where I found it and what all you could order. I know most people said that it can't be done, but, if I need an extra picture or 2 to give to the kids, I scan it and then have it printed with the rest of my pictures. If you have a scanner or access to one, you might try that if you can't order them online. We have taken a lot of trips where we have pictures taken, but, only buy one and scan them if we need any additional pictures.

Thank you so much. I will have to look into that.

Cindy and all who were on the Glory in the last few weeks: What have temperatures been like? I am always warm so I will be fine, but DH loves the heat and not so much being chilly. I keep telling him he needs more long pants than shorts this trip...and a sweater...but what can we realistically expect by way of temperatures and wind chills at sea? Forecasts for Halifax and St. John are 70's by day and 60's by night...but what about at sea?

I would pack at least one pair of long pants and a sweatsuit/windbreaker if you have it. I saw a lot of people buying sweatshirts in the port stores. It rained all day while we were in Halifax. Most people ended up spending the evening inside. It might not rain at all, but I say be prepared or spend 30 dollars later on a cute sweatshirt or jacket from Canada. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a windbreaker I saw in the tent in Saint John. It was $29.00. I saw the same jacket later at the Halifax shops for $40.00!

Archived