My canon D10 pictures from our cruise

mitsugirly

Thanks. I enjoyed them so much. I was simply amazed at how many different fish we seen there. I guess I missed some too according to others that we snorkeled with. (I would have loved to have seen the eel everyone was talking about and the sea turtles). :(

Great pics!!!! The color of the fish really comes out with these. On the one where you had some type of fish food in your hand, was that taken on a macro? Did you try doing any video with it underwater? Glad you got some great results with the D10.

Tim

The "fish food" was some fruit loops :D. They loved them. Nope, no macro, just simply point and shoot and it did all the work for me.

I didn't try doing the video and I'm still kicking myself for it. I've only used the video portion of the camera (on this trip) when we went to Maho and I have a tendency to forget it comes with a video option. I told my husband to remind me to try the video underwater when we went to Nassau....once again, we both forgot. :(

The "fish food" was some fruit loops :D. They loved them. Nope, no macro, just simply point and shoot and it did all the work for me.

I didn't try doing the video and I'm still kicking myself for it. I've only used the video portion of the camera (on this trip) when we went to Maho and I have a tendency to forget it comes with a video option. I told my husband to remind me to try the video underwater when we went to Nassau....once again, we both forgot. :(

Well, I guess that means you are going to have to book another cruise to try the D10s video capabilities underwater. What a bummer....:D

And here's a few from snorkeling at a reef in Nassau.

Thank you for sharing your pictures! I've been reading all the great things about this camera, and am very close to deciding to purchase it.

Where did you go snorkeling in Nassau, that's one of our ports and I'm trying to find out the best snorkeling locations.

Thanks!

Thank you for sharing your pictures! I've been reading all the great things about this camera, and am very close to deciding to purchase it.

Where did you go snorkeling in Nassau, that's one of our ports and I'm trying to find out the best snorkeling locations.

Thanks!

We wasn't planning on doing anything in Nassau, but we won the jackpot at the slots one night and decided what the heck, let's go snorkeling. :) Since we didn't have anything planned, we were pretty much forced to take an excursion on the boat. We did the Seahorse Sail & Snorkel.

We wasn't planning on doing anything in Nassau, but we won the jackpot at the slots one night and decided what the heck, let's go snorkeling. :) Since we didn't have anything planned, we were pretty much forced to take an excursion on the boat. We did the Seahorse Sail & Snorkel.

Thanks, we are considering that excursion, glad to see some good photos came out of it. If you have any other comments about that excursion, I'd love to hear them. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

mitsugirly-glad your cruise went well and the Canon D10 performed exceptional. Any issues with it being in the saltwater? I'm still waiting for a sale to purchase mine-our cruise not until Feb and our saltwater is a wee bit too cool to experiment in now.:eek:

No problems with the salt water. When I returned to the ship I did fill up the sink and put the camera in there to soak for a few hours just in case there was any salt/sand on or in it. But I never had any problems and it was in the salt water a total of 5 different times while on the cruise over a weeks period. :)

It was on the underwater setting for the snorkeling pictures. I don't think the flash comes on??? I may be wrong, but I never once seen it flash and I didn't do any settings other than to put it on underwater.

Did a little playing around this morning and determined the flash will fire if needed. Underwater setting inside my car (flash fires), then outside in more light (no fire). Just not quite the same as the turtles in Barbados but I still got some great pictures of my floormats and the front yard. :D

• 1 month later...

OUTSTANDING SHOTS!

Exactly what I've been looking for.

I have an underwater camera and not really satisfied with the results.

So now I want another one.

Read so many reviews about underwater cameras and the Canon has the best reviews.

Very few show underwater shots.

Thanks to your post, you can actually see the results.

Archived