Carnival's answer to Oasis?

Jtd724

This concept video came out a few years ago on a carnival wikipedia site. Then Carnival threatened a lawsuit or something and it was yanked. I happened to find it again on Youtube. To some of you, this video is old news. Forgive me. To anyone who has not seen this concept ship video by Carnival, prepare to be blown away. I hope they make this ship and now it seems more possible then ever.

That was the concept video for the Pinnacle Class ship developed by Fincantieri for Carnival.

Gerry Cahill recently stated that the Dream Class will be the largest ships Carnival will build.

Even RCCL is taking a step back. They're discussing smaller ships for their next builds...

:)

People movers from front to back sound like a good idea. I think Carnival has said quite a few times they dont intend to compete with Oasis or build a ship that big. I thought at the time, never say never. People movers take up a lot of valuable space .. I cant see it. If they have extra space, make pools bigger, that would compete with RCL. Carnival does postage stamp sized pools .. thats the thing I would like to see on a Carnival ship.

I think RCL's next build will be a more midsize ship. I want to experience Oasis, but dont see that Carnival should copy anyone. Carnival seems to build the same ships over and over. They dont put money into being innovative. (sorry adding cove balconies to Dream and Magic .. its been done, Cunard has them).

The only innovation with Carnival is the spa cabins, no smoking. Maybe some other no smoking areas?? Thats all I see Carnival doing any time soon...

A cruiser like me, I go for the ship not the ports. I could care less. I love being on the ships 24/7. I dont like bigger either. but some of those ideas are great. Especially a lazy river. Aside from that monorial thing I think the design and concept is great.

I personally HATE the size of Oasis, and Allure. I would never sail on something that big, even if it were a Carnival ship. ( I have sailed twice on RCCL and will NEVER sail them again no matter what.. they reek!!). I have sailed on Dream, and even that to me is too big, but only because of the Lido deck area. Carnival chose to build a ship that holds 800 more people than the Conquest Class does, yet they used the exact same Lido deck specs... The Lido buffet as well as the pool deck are WAY TOO SMALL for 800 more passengers. Carnival seriously dropped the ball there and it doesn't look like they are fixing it, since the Magic and Breeze are being built exactly the same as Dream... I'll stick to Conquest class ( been on Glory and Conquest).. To be honest, I LOVE the smaller Fantasy class ships.

People movers from front to back sound like a good idea. I think Carnival has said quite a few times they dont intend to compete with Oasis or build a ship that big. I thought at the time, never say never. People movers take up a lot of valuable space .. I cant see it. If they have extra space, make pools bigger, that would compete with RCL. Carnival does postage stamp sized pools .. thats the thing I would like to see on a Carnival ship.

I think RCL's next build will be a more midsize ship. I want to experience Oasis, but dont see that Carnival should copy anyone. Carnival seems to build the same ships over and over. They dont put money into being innovative. (sorry adding cove balconies to Dream and Magic .. its been done, Cunard has them).

The only innovation with Carnival is the spa cabins, no smoking. Maybe some other no smoking areas?? Thats all I see Carnival doing any time soon...

Carnival to me will always be known as the awesome waterslide ships. Especially the new ones. Although the NCL Epic has a waterpark that looks just as cool. I always envision Carnival setting new standards in water amusement.

Carnival's answer to Oasis is to make a profit instead. :p

Well with Oprah saying its one of her 10 best things and the zombies that follow. I'm pretty sure Allure and Oasis will be making alot of money. Seems Oprah has more power then the president these days.

you`re right. old news.

something like that. as well as the two genesis class ships. don`t even need to be seaworthy. they should simply be built in branson or las vegas.

they are hardly ships.

carnival knew to pass on something so silly.

Carnival's answer to Oasis is putting a Billion Dollars profit in the bank while RCL struggles to pay their bills with borrowed money. Does RCL think they are a country or what?:D

I have to admit that I was rather surprised to read that RCCL was going with another shipyard (not the one that built the Oasis or Allure) for their next build...especially after the shipyard had to help finance the O and A.....

Interesting. I always thought the pool deck on the inspiration class or whatever look really small but they are all like that? I've been watching the video on the new Magic on Carnivals website and the adults only area at the front of the ship looks really small and with no pool just a hot tub. Is my assumption correct?

I personally HATE the size of Oasis, and Allure. I would never sail on something that big, even if it were a Carnival ship. ( I have sailed twice on RCCL and will NEVER sail them again no matter what.. they reek!!). I have sailed on Dream, and even that to me is too big, but only because of the Lido deck area. Carnival chose to build a ship that holds 800 more people than the Conquest Class does, yet they used the exact same Lido deck specs... The Lido buffet as well as the pool deck are WAY TOO SMALL for 800 more passengers. Carnival seriously dropped the ball there and it doesn't look like they are fixing it, since the Magic and Breeze are being built exactly the same as Dream... I'll stick to Conquest class ( been on Glory and Conquest).. To be honest, I LOVE the smaller Fantasy class ships.

The spirit class ships are the perfect size, you never really feel crowded.

Is it my signature or something? No need to be pricky. We all love cruising, who cares what line you or me prefer.

I have signatures blocked lol.

When you mention RCL on this board, hackles go up in defense. Its like a war. They hate people who cruise on both and ambivalent like me about which one does what better. I plan on doing Oasis .. and any other ship I can find time to board.

To the poster who asked, yes RCL has more pools and much bigger pools and hot tubs. Carnival has water slides.

Carnival's answer to Oasis is putting a Billion Dollars profit in the bank while RCL struggles to pay their bills with borrowed money. Does RCL think they are a country or what?:D

Yes...yes they do. Their ads stated they were the country of "Why Not":D

I dont understand from a cruiser's point of view, why people are so happy that Carnival doesnt spend more money on innovations for their ships. Unless you are talking as a stockholder, not a cruiser.

Frankly a cruiseline's profits have nothing to do with my enjoyment of a cruise. Seems like a nonsequitor to me.

I haven't done Oasis or Allure yet but sailed on Freedom of the Seas back when it was the largest in the world and had a blast. They had those huge pool-sized hot tubs that extend out past the sides of the ship. Every time the ship left port we would be the only ones in them with our frozen drinks hanging out.

I can see the whole "I want a small intimate cruise experience" point of view as well. It all comes down to choke points on the ship. There are always areas that at times end up with a large percentage of passengers at specific times. Those areas and the transportation systems to them have to be much larger and more well-designed to compensate.

My personal view is that the bigger floating cities are better if you have a lot of sea days and the smaller ships are better if you have more port days.

I have signatures blocked lol.

When you mention RCL on this board, hackles go up in defense. Its like a war. They hate people who cruise on both and ambivalent like me about which one does what better. I plan on doing Oasis .. and any other ship I can find time to board.

To the poster who asked, yes RCL has more pools and much bigger pools and hot tubs. Carnival has water slides.

I think that's an unfair generalization and overly harsh. I don't cruise on RCCL because I don't want to pay for things that I have no interest in nor would ever use and I think the same holds true for many folks who post here.

I've looked at deck plans of RCCL ships, the newer ones in particular, and the design seems intent on drawing you into the ship far more than taking you outside it to the reason I cruise... the sea.

Granted, there are some who are somewhat over the top in their posts about RCCL and other lines but the same is true about football and basketball teams.

Just my $.02...

:)

Archived