Pearl Harbor AND Paradise Cove Luau?

JLDMED

We'll be in Honolulu on the Golden from 7 am to 11 p.m. Is it possible to do Pearl Harbor with Arizona and Missouri in the morning and then the luau at Paradise Cove in the afternoon/evening? Don't wanna miss the ship!

If you've done this, please share the details of the process, including transportation/transfers etc. THANKS!!!

P.S. I know it'll be a LONG day...but I can sleep when I get home! :)

We were just in Hawaii on the Golden a few weeks ago; and, did Pearl Harbor. We did tour the Arizona, which I thought was fairly boring, having seen so much about it over many years. We did not tour the Missouri, although I've fully toured it's sister ship New Jersey, and was on deck of the Missouri as a kid in the early '50s. We found the submarine tour very interesting (my second time on that); while the aviation tour was not worthwhile in my opinion.

I can't address the luau, since we did not do it. We used the local buses to get to Pearl from near the dock. I think we spent about five or six hours overall with what we did, including the bus travel. They do have some food at the Pearl Harbor site. We walked from the cruise dock (Aloha Tower) to a bus stop, and back.

If you are interested in Hawaii history, you might consider the Bishop Museum, which can be visited by local bus.

The key is how late the luau goes and transport back. Is this thru the ship? If so, you can be assured it will be over in time. I don't think the luaus go real late, but they will generally last until after dark for entertainment.

Having been to Pearl several times, I think most would find the Missouri more interesting, particularly if you have watched any shows on Pearl Harbor, or done any reading or research. The Missouri put on a selection of very interesting tours. I don't say this to disrespect the memories of those lost at Pearl, or the history involved. Just think Missouri is the better event.

Paradise Cove Luau is not through the ship, but they have assured me I will be back by 9:30 or 9:45. I am going to confirm this one more time before I book the trip.

We will be making our first-ever visit to Hawaii in December and plan to attend a luau. It doesn't seem possible on Maui and the only other port we are in until 11 p.m. in Oahu so it looks like we have to find something in Honolulu. We are also considering the Paradise Cove option but ar enow hearing lots of suggestions to attend Germaine's instead. What made you decide on Paradise Cover over Germaine's. DOes anyone else have any info on comparing the two?

I would love to hear the answer between Paradise Cove and Germaines....when I was there in 1984 (gasp) we did Germaines...I don't remember a whole lot about it but was leaning towards Paradise Cove this time around....don't see how I will pull off a luau in Maui either so it will have to be Oahu for me as well prior to our cruise....

thanks

Archived