Best Place to stay in FLL before Cruise

mom2dina

Hi we will be arriving in FLL on the 22nd for our cruise on the 23rd. I'm looking for a hotel that has shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and a shuttle to the port in the morning.

I am looking for a reasnably priced place since we are already spending $$ on this trip :) Any suggestions would be helpful!!!

Thanks!

for our cruise last year pre-cruise we stayed at the Hyatt place North which was a great place to stay and within walking distance of a few good places to eat.

Post cruise we stayed at the riverside hotel http://www.riversidehotel.com/ which was a fun place to stay right on Las Olas blvd with plenty of great restaurants and shops within walking distance.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Cruiseport (breakfast included). There are many places to eat within walking distance. There is also a Publix and Total Wines and More very close where you can purchase any drinks, etc. you would like to take. We booked through Stay123.com. They have an airport shuttle and a shuttle to the port. The only minus was the shuttle to the port does not leave until 10:30 I believe and we had a need to arrive earlier. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise. Kathryn

Our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on SE17st. Huge rooms, wonderful included hot breakfast and evening happy hour, free internet kiosk in the lobby, friendly and accomodating staff, inexpensive places to eat within close walking distance.

We're staying at the Embassy Suites for our March cruise. I love the hot breakfast and evening happy hour benefits.

We enjoy the Embassy Suites too...but I don't think it fills the exact criteria the OP is looking for ;):)

We stayed at Sleep Inn Dania, it was $121 total and included breakfast and shuttles from airport and to the port. We enjoyed it, and the price was right. Not near all the action though, if that's what you're looking for. There's a Walgreens next door and a Publix and a few restaurants across the street.

We enjoy the Embassy Suites too...but I don't think it fills the exact criteria the OP is looking for ;):)

It doesn't have a free shuttle, but a taxi from the airport is less than $15. Taxis are right outside the luggage pickup area at FLL, and are plentiful. The hotel does have a shuttle for $7pp to the port (we are 4 people and were able to negotiate that price down to $5pp - or we could have called a cab which would have cost even less). Couldn't be easier. A hotel shuttle isn't really necessary, especially for such a great hotel

We loved the Cambria Inn & Suites. Free Airport shuttle and to the Port.

Southwest "lost" my luggage (actually it missed the connection in Las Vegas) and it came in on a later flight. They took me back over to the Airport to get my luggage. I will always stay there when I go. When we stayed there, they had just opened 6 months prior. Beautiful place. I believe it is off Las Olas too.

Thank goodness we flew in a day early!!

We stay at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel. Good restaurants and shops in walking distance and a Walgreens across the street in case you forgot anything, or need to switch to standard size products. You can usually find a deal that includes a full breakfast buffet. Also, they have a shuttle to the pier for about $6 - 7 pp.

Since it is directly across from the port you can see all the ships sail in (if you are an early riser).

Highly recommend it.

i stayed at LA QUINTA inn the night before. the airport pick up was free. Continental breakfast was free including waffle. The shuttle to cruise port was free. They will try to ask you buy the ticket from port to airport for $8 per person. Not worth it. You may get into a limbo of waiting for one when you need to get the airport fast. Since it free, all is left is to tip the driver.

Hi we will be arriving in FLL on the 22nd for our cruise on the 23rd. I'm looking for a hotel that has shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and a shuttle to the port in the morning.

I am looking for a reasnably priced place since we are already spending $$ on this trip :) Any suggestions would be helpful!!!

Thanks!

Not to be stupid, bur where in FLL are you talking abot; Port Canaveral or Ft Laurderdale.

Not to be stupid, bur where in FLL are you talking abot; Port Canaveral or Ft Laurderdale.

FLL is the airport code for Fort Lauderdale. You will see many posters reference it that way. Had she used just FL I, too, would have wondered if they were sailing out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, or Tampa.

We were on the Oasis a few weeks ago. We flew down a day early since we live in the Midwest and you never know what the weather will do in the winter.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale North Cruise Port. We did this upon a suggestion I got off of these very boards. It is 10 minutes from both the airport and the cruise port.

They provided a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then to the cruise port the next day. This shuttle was free. You couldn't miss the shuttle either because it had plastic flamingos on top of it!

They took us to the hotel and then the next day they took us to the cruise port. They instructed us to call when we arrived back to the port, after the cruise, and they would take us to the airport. For this, it cost $8 per person but it beat any taxi fare we would have gotten.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Cruiseport (breakfast included). There are many places to eat within walking distance. There is also a Publix and Total Wines and More very close where you can purchase any drinks, etc. you would like to take. We booked through Stay123.com. They have an airport shuttle and a shuttle to the port. The only minus was the shuttle to the port does not leave until 10:30 I believe and we had a need to arrive earlier. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise. Kathryn

While proximity to Total Wines and More is nice, just a reminder that you can't take any alcohol (including beer and wine) onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.

Well, you can, but... That's a discussion for another thread! :D

It doesn't have a free shuttle, but a taxi from the airport is less than $15. Taxis are right outside the luggage pickup area at FLL, and are plentiful. The hotel does have a shuttle for $7pp to the port (we are 4 people and were able to negotiate that price down to $5pp - or we could have called a cab which would have cost even less). Couldn't be easier. A hotel shuttle isn't really necessary, especially for such a great hotel

We were a party of 2 so we didn't have that negotiating factor. However, the free beers the night before probably made up for it.

The hotel was quite nice and convenient and we would stay there again.

Our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on SE17st. Huge rooms, wonderful included hot breakfast and evening happy hour, free internet kiosk in the lobby, friendly and accomodating staff, inexpensive places to eat within close walking distance.

We stayed there for the first time in December and wondered why we haven't stayed there before. I agree with your assessment.

I just booked the Embassy Suites with the free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. Take another look.:)

Archived