22 Carnival Cruise Passengers Robbed in Puerto Vallarta

DaytonCruiser

My itinerary already has 2 days in Cabo. What are they going to do now? Take out PV and make it a 3 day cruise to Cabo?! I hope not.

Btw, we live in a very affluent part of South Orange County, CA. DH's store was just robbed at gunpoint last night around 8pm. Bad stuff happens everywhere.

3 days in Cabo for the 7-day Mexican Riviera cruises! :rolleyes:

Of course they won't be able to call them Mexican Riviera cruises anymore, they will be Baja California cruises!

I know! I am finally getting south of Baja and now I'm afraid to open my email and find a letter from Carnival removing PV from the itin.

I've been to Puerto Vallarta, and I am not surprised. It was not safe 25 years ago, and is probably worse today.

My DW and I cruised there on our honeymoon 25 years ago and vowed never ever to cruise the Mexican Riviera again. We are now on our 12th cruise and have managed to not go back.

Cozumel is in a totally different category and no one should feel unsafe there.

So much for the safety/peace of mind your supposed to get when you book a ship sponsored tour. I'm very curious what Carnival plans are for PV. It might soon be a Baja California cruise with 2 days Cabo and 1 day La Paz. Or would they dare go 3 straight days to Cabo.

I can't imagine how scary that is to be trapped in a bus with masked gunmen robbing everybody. I guess they're really lucky they didn't hijack the bus or injure anybody. The guide should of told the bus driver to not stop and just FLOOR IT!!

Archived