Who remembers the FESTIVALE!!??

eroller

One of my favorite ships! I just scanned a bunch of pics from a cruise on the FESTIVALE in July 1982. Great memories of a great ship. Really loved Carnival back then. It was adults oriented, a little naughty, and a whole lot of fun! It's ships like the FESTIVALE that coined the phrase "The Fun Ships". None of the corporate nonsense and co-branding we find today ... just good ole fun!

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Ernie

Thank you for sharing... really enjoyed looking at your pics...

I see they had a movie theatre.... I wish the new ships showed the movies inside as well instead of on the lido deck...

This is when a cruise was a cruise.... And the slide actually empties into the pool, instead of like a slide at a water park or a backyard slide..

BTW, Festivale was sold a couple of times, changed its name, and now lies somewhere on the ocean floor after being scrapped.

I remember we had a room with a little porthole, and I believe the bathroom floor was all one level so that every time you took a shower the whole bathroom floor got wet.

Hi,

Oh wow those pictures are great! Reminds me of my first cruise on a Celebrity ship to Bermuda in 1987 (thereabouts). So many things have changed since then!!! We also had a little port hole, they served baked Alaska (with the sparklers!) and they had skeet shooting off the back of the ship! LOL. I do remember that the ship had a movie theater as well which we thought was really cool :)

That was my first cruise. We had one of the suites with a large balcony.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

My first cruise too and we had one of the balcony suites too, courtesy of the upgrade fairy. Everyone was so jealous that we had that HUGE suite with a balcony. The funny thing is, that suite was only about the size of a standard balcony cabin on today's ships. I don't remember a movie theater. It was pretty big too. Guess I never went in there.

My first cruise too and we had one of the balcony suites too, courtesy of the upgrade fairy. Everyone was so jealous that we had that HUGE suite with a balcony. The funny thing is, that suite was only about the size of a standard balcony cabin on today's ships. I don't remember a movie theater. It was pretty big too. Guess I never went in there.

The movie theatre is one of the few things I do remember. ha ha! On my next cruise I did not understand why it did not have one.

And yes, the room was about the same as a regular room now except the balcony was much bigger.

Archived