Hotel in Amsterdam

travel1

The cruise Terminal is very close to city-center, so you also have a choice of many hotels.

I can recommand ao Victoria Hotel, Barbizon Palace, Crown Plaza, Renaissance and Ibis near central station of near Dam Square ao Krasnapolsky.

The choice however is big, also many different rates.

Please check the following link, which gives you many details.

http://www.vvvamsterdam.nl/

If you need more info or help, let me know

When we sailed on the Galaxy in 2001 from Amsterdam, we stayed at a great, small hotel, the Ambassade in the Center City Area. About a 10 minute ride to the ship in a cab, easy walking distance to either the tram stop or major attractions in the city. Excellent value for money with outstanding service.

That's where we'll stay when we return to Amsterdam.

Here is a link to their website if you want to check it out.

http://www.ambassade-hotel.nl/

Hope that helps.

The cruise Terminal is very close to city-center, so you also have a choice of many hotels.

I can recommand ao Victoria Hotel, Barbizon Palace, Crown Plaza, Renaissance and Ibis near central station of near Dam Square ao Krasnapolsky.

The choice however is big, also many different rates.

Please check the following link, which gives you many details.

http://www.vvvamsterdam.nl/

If you need more info or help, let me know

We booked at the Bellevue, Martelaarsgracht 10. Price was $165++

Is that OK. We can cancell. Thanks for your help

Jerry

Martelaarsgracht is almost city center, in a nice old section of town, so you will be fine.

Enjoy your stay and cruise

Martelaarsgracht is almost city center, in a nice old section of town, so you will be fine.

Enjoy your stay and cruise

Many thanks for your reply. I booked the hotel on the internet so I was a little anxious. Every hotel seemed expensive compared to here in the States,

except for New York, etc. Another question, I assume it is best to take a taxi from the airport. We get in about 9:00 AM.

Jerry

Taking a cab is the easiest way. Taxis in NL however are expensive. Be alert to take the official cab, outside the arrivalhall, marked Schiphol taxi on top. In the arrivalhall sometimes taxis are offered, but they are not the official ones and are not always honest drivers (Of couyse not all of them).

There is a trainconnection from the airport to Central Station too, but then you have to take a cab from the station. Besides with luggagge i donot think that a comfortable way.

Hotels in Amsterdam can be rather expensive, but summer is highseason.

You might have noticed I put some pictures of Century in Amsterdam on another link, but you can watch them through this:

http://community.webshots.com/user/inevdam

Enjoy

Golden Tulip City Centre is right in the centre as the name says.

The shuttle you mention is rather new, but looks o.k. since it is operated by the airport. I am not sure it services your hotel, but will come very close, check with the driver.

It will be less expensive than a cab and more convienient then train and cab anyway.

It will not service the cruise-terminal however. You better take a cab for that, which will last about 5/10 minutes.

Donot forget to make a canalcruise......my favourite.

When we sailed on the Galaxy in 2001 from Amsterdam, we stayed at a great, small hotel, the Ambassade in the Center City Area. About a 10 minute ride to the ship in a cab, easy walking distance to either the tram stop or major attractions in the city. Excellent value for money with outstanding service.

That's where we'll stay when we return to Amsterdam.

Here is a link to their website if you want to check it out.

http://www.ambassade-hotel.nl/

Hope that helps.

greeneg,

The Ambassade has been a great hotel for many years. I stayed there in 1984 just after it's first major remodeling. Before that it was the number one recomended hotel in the book "Europe on $25 a Day." It's had a long history from budget hotel to First Class Hotel. The location is super!

My wife and I love Amsterdam, and I hope the OP plans to spend some time there before boarding the ship.

Enjoy!

Kel

Ine,

Thank you so much for your informative thoughts! We will be on the Century late June and was wondering what you thought of the Hilton Amsterdam?

We enjoy Hilton hotels and this one seems to be near several museums.

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Th Hilton is a very fine hotel, but situated in the southern part of the city.

It is a nice neighbourhood, but you need a cab or tram to go into the center of town and for making a canalboattrip.

If you like walking you can indeed walk to the musea, but it is not around the corner.

Do you know that John Lennon (former Beattles) and his wife Yoko Ono spent their honeymoon in this hotel?

Ine,

Thank you for the reply! I am sure the hotel concierge will recommend appropriate canalboats and also proper taxi service. With that I appreciate your assistance as far as the hotel itself. You have allayed my fears!

Also, I read about John and Yoko and found it quite interesting.

We look forwrad to visiting your city!

All the best

Archived