New Beds on CCL!

bcc99

Since its a press release we can post it. Actually this started last year.

Carnival Comfort Bed Sleep System Highlights Stateroom Amenities Upgrade

spacer.gif05/31/2005 spacer.gifA new stateroom sleep system manufactured exclusively for Carnival Cruise Lines is the latest in a series of cabin amenity upgrades that are part of the “Today’s Carnival” fleetwide product enhancement program.

The Carnival Comfort Bed ensemble, including custom pillows, duvet and cover, pillowcases and mattress set, provides an unsurpassed level of lavishness in shipboard sleep accommodations. Introduction of the new bedding system, already on several ships, is ongoing and is expected to be implemented fleetwide by the end of the year.

Manufactured in Europe, the Carnival Comfort Bed features an eight-inch spring mattress designed exclusively for Carnival Cruise Lines. Completing the custom sleep system is a duvet made from 100 percent hypoallergenic down and sheets made of a high quality cotton blend. The duvet covers and pillowcases are of an ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend, creating a luxurious and comfortable sleep environment. The material is also highly durable for long-lasting use and attractiveness.

New Generation Pillows, made of non-allergenic micro fiber to create a fluffy, down-like consistency, will be featured in all staterooms. In suite accommodations a special "suite pillow menu" will offer guests the choice of a variety of different pillow types for their sleeping comfort, including a luxury goose down and a firm latex pillow.

“A restful, luxurious sleep is an important component of the vacation experience and we are extremely excited about this opportunity to brand a high-quality sleep system with the Carnival name,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Among other stateroom upgrades that have been incorporated on Carnival’s ships are high-quality fluffy bath and hand towels, plush terrycloth bathrobes in all ocean view staterooms, in-shower soap and shampoo dispensers, and in-cabin amenities baskets containing a variety of name-brand product samples. Stainless steel ice buckets and attractively bound directories round out the new high-end feel of each stateroom.

“Over the past decade, we have enhanced nearly every aspect of the shipboard experience,” noted Dickinson. “As our guests have become more discerning, we have implemented these upgrades in our ongoing commitment to continue to exceed their expectations.”

Carnival, a unit of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) is the largest and most popular cruise line in the world, with 20 “Fun Ships” operating voyages of three to 16 days in length to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England and Europe.

The line currently has two 110,000-ton SuperLiners – Carnival Liberty and Carnival Freedom – scheduled to enter service between now and February 2007.

Information and reservations on Carnival’s “Fun Ship” cruises are available by contacting any travel agent, calling 1-800-CARNIVAL or visiting carnival.com.

Manufactured in Europe??? Why does that tag say somewhere in NJ?? (LOL

Had them on the Miracle- if they sold them in the stores I would be buying them-- Pillows were very very comfortable.

But we must make sure that the Holland America people don't find out about this, if possible. New mattresses and bedlinens are also part of the HAL "Signature of Excellence" program, and the Mariners will probably be pretty ticked when they find out that CCL is getting equal treatment. There have already been a few mentions over there about the "Carnivalization" of HAL--how the Vista-class ships are blue-painted CCL ships, how the food is like CCL (which many people actually said was a good thing!), and so on. I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy my cruise on the Zuiderdam, but I'm going to give her a fair chance. :confused:

I called Carnival and Rep told me all ships are due to have the "enhancements" by the years end. The newest ships will be completed first. No time line was given

So, does this mean that all of Carnival's ships (that don't already have the new bedding) will have to go to dry dock before the end of the year?

They were white on the Miracle. I wonder what they were thinking of with that color.

They were certainly NOT thinking about all the KIDS on these ships. I wonder how long it will take before they realize that!

I slept like a baby on the Miracle...and the towels were wonderful too. It was a very noticable improvement. I'm so happy Carnival will put this wonderful upgrade on all the ships!!

So, does this mean that all of Carnival's ships (that don't already have the new bedding) will have to go to dry dock before the end of the year?

I doubt they have to go into dry dock just to change the bedding out, but I could be wrong.

No dry dock for bedding. They were loading mattresses on during our cruise.

Kudos to Carnival! This is some of the best news I've read yet - I'll be sure to include the bedding information on my review of the Carnival Liberty (I'm on the July 20th sailing)

I'm looking forward to your review on the Liberty. I've been dying to hear first hand how everything is and if it's going to blow me away. We're sailing on Feb 4. We call it the Liberty "super bowl" cruise. Can't wait. Definately keep us updated on everything.

They have the new beds & bedding on the Inspiration. I just sailed her and the bed was wonderful. Extremely comfortable and it was so nice to have clean sheets and a clean duvet cover. Loved it!!!

Archived