Star Princess

iriemon

Just made reservations on the Star for Hawaii in April. We were looking at inside rooms and noticed that A 515 seemed bigger than the others but it is not a handicapped room (which we did not need). Just wondering if anyone has had this room and is it really bigger than the other inside rooms?

Thanks for your help.

Pam In CA recently mentioned on another thread that the rotated insides (like A515) really are more spacious and she books them when available.

Hopefully she'll notice this thread soon and supply you with first hand details.

Stateroom details (accessed when you are doing a booking by clicking on the cabin) indicate that A520 is 160 sqft and A515 (and the same shaped ones in the immediate area) is 182 sqft on the Star.

If I recall correctly, Pam has mentioned that the layout in the 'sideways' cabins is different and much nicer.

Stateroom details (accessed when you are doing a booking by clicking on the cabin) indicate that A520 is 160 sqft and A515 (and the same shaped ones in the immediate area) is 182 sqft on the Star.

If I recall correctly, Pam has mentioned that the layout in the 'sideways' cabins is different and much nicer.

When I clicked on the room it said it was 160 - 182 Square feet which had me wondering which this one was.

The parallel cabins are slightly larger. As others have mentioned, the layout is very good.

The closets had doors on them in the one we were in.

Only negative is that the door to the hallway is right near the bed, so when you enter the cabin, anyone in that area should be "decent."

Pictures below of same type cabin on the Emerald Princess.

1755248887_101_1767EmeraldPrincessCabinR515.jpg.67de38d74b652827a54150ced7f2adf7.jpg

1875573455_101_1769EmeraldPrincessCabinR515.jpg.c0ba2437b1119780e76610870064a9dd.jpg

1753281358_101_1770EmeraldPrincessCabinR515.jpg.1832e1068aabe6ece33acca0b9a1b3c6.jpg

1787941324_101_1774EmeraldPrincessCabinR515.jpg.5c24c6f6f0704af7cf8bd96dedcfca18.jpg

iriemon,

You have to be doing a mock booking, not just looking at the cabins under the individual ship descriptions. It's a shame that it works that way as most people just look at the ship descriptions.

And while doing the mock booking, you must not just hover your cursor over the cabin number, you must actually click on the cabin. A popup will appear and show you the dimensions of the whole cabin and the dimensions of the balcony (if there is one). You may need to be sure that your popup blocker is not on.

Dru

The parallel cabins are slightly larger. As others have mentioned, the layout is very good.

The closets had doors on them in the one we were in.

Only negative is that the door to the hallway is right near the bed, so when you enter the cabin, anyone in that area should be "decent."

Pictures below of same type cabin on the Emerald Princess.

Thanks everyone for all your help, especially for the pictures! :)

We will be on the Star, for a coastal cruise in September. I have A507 and my dad has A515. I will be happy to report back also. We are going to have the beds in a twin configuration (I am traveling with a friend this time.). I am really looking forward to having the larger cabin and being close to the pool and the Horizon court.

We will be on the Star, for a coastal cruise in September. I have A507 and my dad has A515. I will be happy to report back also. We are going to have the beds in a twin configuration (I am traveling with a friend this time.). I am really looking forward to having the larger cabin and being close to the pool and the Horizon court.

That would be great if you could do that. We will also have the beds in a twin configuration since I will be traveling with my daughter. I hope I don't miss it, I travel quite a bit for work and am not always able to check the boards and I am not sure if it is legal to give you my email address on the boards.

That would be great if you could do that. We will also have the beds in a twin configuration since I will be traveling with my daughter. I hope I don't miss it, I travel quite a bit for work and am not always able to check the boards and I am not sure if it is legal to give you my email address on the boards.

Go to the top right hand corner of your original post. Click on "Thread Tools", then "Subscribe to this thread". You will get an e-mail each time someone posts to this thread. I will post the pictures here when I get back. Then, everyone can see them.:D And you will get an e-mail to remind you to come back and look.

Great, thanks so much. Never knew that option was there. Had to go into my profiles and change one of the settings also.

Looking forward to your pictures. We usually get a balcony, so we are a little nervous about this one being inside, but the cost difference was the deciding factor.

• 4 months later...
Great, thanks so much. Never knew that option was there. Had to go into my profiles and change one of the settings also.

Looking forward to your pictures. We usually get a balcony, so we are a little nervous about this one being inside, but the cost difference was the deciding factor.

I'm finally getting back to you, with the larger inside stateroom pictures, in the twin configuration. I liked the room, but I do think it's less private than the usual stateroom configuration. I did like the big closets with the doors that close. Anyway, we didn't spend much time in our room. I booked a balcony to Hawaii once, but we hardly used it. I think the inside will probably work out fine for you.

1587571747_123(640x480).jpg.e3496fcff00e472873f32d20d92bf111.jpg

2062963047_124(640x480).jpg.dd465c51f482c30418bb92ce5333d06d.jpg

Archived