Daytime attire Transatlantic

tmee

Hello all,

So I have a wee question. I will be crossing on the QM2 this winter and I am a bit perplexed on what to wear in the daytime onboard. I have read what people wear in the summer and of course I viewed Cunard's website for "appropriate attire" but I thought maybe someone(s) could share with me what they have worn or viewed others to wear onboard in the winter. I should mention I am a female :)

Generally in cool months at home I wear boots and dresses and tights? Is that appropriate?

Thank you in advance for suggestions and opinions.

tmee

always cooler;;;I take leggings, cords, cotton long trousers, capris, a jeans skirt, t's over blouse, windbreaker, jacket..evenings always sleeves on a top or a pretty jacket.....some long skirts, evening pants, blazer or lil black jacket.

Hi Tmee,

I just came back from the TA crossing 2 weeks ago. I had another crossing in June.

Frankly speaking, there's not much difference of the temperature indoor in different seasons because they keep the temperature quite constant. I think it's around 20 degree celsius? You should be able to find the answer from the ask Cunard website.

I think the temperature in the restaurants is even a bit higher.

When you go 'out', it's cool. You will need a winter jacket. But you don't need boots indoor.

I wore long sleeves top, short sleeves top + a thin cardigan, cotton pants or jeans during the daytime. In the evening, I wore cocktail dresses, my dresses are all sleeveless and I felt comfortable, didn't feel cool at all. (maybe just because I had one or two drinks?? :D)

Hope you a good time on the QM2. You will love it! ;)

Thank you very much for you suggestions and information! I always have a problem with "casual" I never seem to know what it means... :) it is difficult to get me out of dresses and skirts :) but I will try for a pair of slacks. I like the idea of pairing with a cardigan for bit of added warmth outside and in. I forgot that inside will be temperate... ( I was not thinking;))

I am building my daytime wardrobe list as we speak :)

Somehow for evening I am not having the same difficulty lol...

I am so very excited to be on the QM2 Nothing like a list to get one thinking about ship vacation :D

tmee

Thank you very much for you suggestions and information! I always have a problem with "casual" I never seem to know what it means... :) it is difficult to get me out of dresses and skirts :) but I will try for a pair of slacks. I like the idea of pairing with a cardigan for bit of added warmth outside and in. I forgot that inside will be temperate... ( I was not thinking;))

I am so very excited to be on the QM2 Nothing like a list to get one thinking about ship vacation :D

tmee

If you prefer dresses and skirts to slacks, they will fit in just fine. I mentioned slacks because I feel more comfotable in them. The dresses I am taking are all for evening.

tmee

You would love the Queen Mary 2. I was on her for four months early this year. I also got married on her.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Marie

Marie,

I love your photographs and your gowns are beautiful! I have to admit going on a world voyage for my honeymoon has always been a dream of mine... I guess I have to find someone I would like to marry first lol.

Belated congratulations on your nuptials!

tmee

• 1 month later...

Hello all! I just got back from my holiday and again I wanted to thank all of you for your suggestions for Daywear. I thought I would give a quick little list of what I actually wore :)so it may help some other compulsive fashion planner like me :)

I brought a few more items than this to wear, but the seas were quite rough, the decks were closed frequently and I didn’t have an occasion to wear warmer accessories that I thought I would wear out on the deck.

Embarkation

Wool blend Black and off white fitted Tulip skirt, black cotton with silk trim V-Neck blouse, red belt, boots. Coat and hat

At Sea

Cashmere yellow pullover sweater, skinny dark jeans, silk scarf, black flats

Wool turquoise turtleneck sweater dress, tights, black flats

Cotton black short sleeve A-line sweater dress, black and metallic beaded belt, light wool scarf, tights, black flats

Cunard Robe and slippers I spent one day almost totally in my cabin :D (I did change briefly into Cotton black turtleneck skinny jeans to run up to the Kings Court to grab tea:))

Cotton black turtleneck, black fitted pencil pants, Lightweight, wool red and black wrap, red belt, black flats

Cotton red turtle neck, black skirt, black belt, tights, black flats.

Debarkation:

Cotton black short sleeve fitted top, Black belt, Grey cotton button down sweater, skinny jeans, red neck scarf, boots. Coat and hat

I did laundry once during the journey. And when I mention “belt” above, it is of the decorative variety, on top of a blouse, not the utilitarian through belt loops of my pants.

I wore my black flats at sea onboard during the day, which was something I would not have expected had I not received the feedback from all of you.

Thank you all very much for your help! Bringing the minimum for daywear allowed me to have much more room for evening wear… which would be a whole other thread in and of itself!

tmee