Vancouver - disembarkemt port

Floridanamaw

thanks for sharing these photos from your trip.

Vancouver is one my favorite cities, and Vancouver Island is a great vacation destination spot ....sandy beaches, wild ocean beaches, whale watching, bear viewing.

So how was the cruise overall? If I remember correctly, you were concerned about clothing and footwear. How did that work out for you? Looks like you had decent weather so that makes a big difference.

Edited by mapleleaves

thanks for sharing these photos from your trip.

Vancouver is one my favorite cities, and Vancouver Island is a great vacation destination spot ....sandy beaches, wild ocean beaches, whale watching, bear viewing.

So how was the cruise overall? If I remember correctly, you were concerned about clothing and footwear. How did that work out for you? Looks like you had decent weather so that makes a big difference.

We had perfect weather. Not a drop of rain in the 12 days we were gone. Alaska was beautiful and most days all I needed was a light shirt and light jacket in the morning and then I shed the jacket as it warmed up. I ended up wearing my sneakers for the whole trip. I am glad I had the wool socks because my feet do get cold before the rest of me. I took WAY to many clothes and came home with lots of clean ones. The ship was the perfect size for us, easy to navigate and plenty of food to eat. We would cruise on NCL again and on the Jewel if the opportunity came long again.

Thanks to everyone for all the advise and suggestions. They were much appreciated.

I see that you stayed at the Blue Horizon. We are thinking of staying there in June 2015 when our ship disembarks in Vancouver. How did you like it? Did you book directly with the hotel or through another source? Any MUST DO's or hints for Vancouver? Thanks!

I see that you stayed at the Blue Horizon. We are thinking of staying there in June 2015 when our ship disembarks in Vancouver. How did you like it? Did you book directly with the hotel or through another source? Any MUST DO's or hints for Vancouver? Thanks!

The Blue Horizon is a great place to stay. It's very reasonable, for the area, at less than 200.00 per night. We stayed on the 28th floor and the views are awesome. I think it was 185.00 for the higher floors. The location is great. Lots of things to do close by, if you don't mind walking. I booked directly with them on their website and then emailed a few times when I decided to upgrade the room to a higher floor. Great staff and they were very helpful with anything we needed.

If you have time in Vancouver and I mean a couple of day, go to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. It's an amazing place to visit and there is a shuttle that picks up at the hotel. Also, Stanley Park is another wonderful place. Walking the seawall has great views. If you go to Stanley Park find a map someplace. It's huge and we got sort of lost walking the trails through the park. If at all possible take the extra time and spend a few days in Vancouver exploring. You won't regret it.

As a local I am very confident in recommending the Blue Horizon and often do so on these threads. It is one of those hotels that kind of flies under the radar so to speak. It is extremely well run, large clean rooms and excellent location in terms of restaurants, shops, and HOHOs. By Vancouver standards during the cruise season it is well priced....typically under $200/n and sells out quite quickly.... so I would not dilly dally if I were you. I am not sure that they book thru the online vendors and would be inclined to book directly with the hotel.