MDR Menus for Indy 7 day Eastern Caribbean

Planning my September 27 trip and would like to see the menus for each day. In particular the third night which we are in San Juan late.

Does anyone know where I might find this. Only my second RCI cruise but I know the menus have names each day. Right?

If you don't find out until you are on the ship, would you please post it when you get back??? We sail that one a few weeks after you. I suspect it's going to be whatever order a regular Eastern is for that ship...

Will do. Hoping that some kind soul on this itinerary in the next few months can post.

Someone who did an Indy review recently said on the third night the menu was not good. Third night is San Juan but this person was on Western and I have no idea if it's the same rotation.

I have heard that the order is Mojo, Saffron, Sage, Arugula (can't find anywhere what is on this menu), Pomodoro, Jasmine, and Pimiento. I don't know for sure, though, just saw someone post that order.

I am on that sailing on July 19th (San Juan evening stop, St. Maartan, and St Kitts) and plan to do a review, post compasses and kid's stuff, and will also post the order of menus and take a pic of the Arugula since I can't find that one anywhere (the others are easy to find using the search button). Hopefully I will see info before I go on my cruise, but if not, I'll get it for you. :)

Planning my September 27 trip and would like to see the menus for each day. In particular the third night which we are in San Juan late.

Does anyone know where I might find this. Only my second RCI cruise but I know the menus have names each day. Right?

Here is a site that shows the menus (not sure of the order for your cruise). They show the Arugula Menu :)

http://www.thecaptainslog.org.uk/Menus/MenusMainPage.html

I have heard that the order is Mojo, Saffron, Sage, Arugula (can't find anywhere what is on this menu), Pomodoro, Jasmine, and Pimiento. I don't know for sure, though, just saw someone post that order.

I am on that sailing on July 19th (San Juan evening stop, St. Maartan, and St Kitts) and plan to do a review, post compasses and kid's stuff, and will also post the order of menus and take a pic of the Arugula since I can't find that one anywhere (the others are easy to find using the search button). Hopefully I will see info before I go on my cruise, but if not, I'll get it for you. :)

Found the reason why the sage and arugula are virtually nowhere.

Already got word from the Indy that the menu has indeed been changed up a bit. The Majo & Saffron appear to be basically the same,shiitake is now Sage with changes, Arugula seems new taking over the Basil menu with a lot of changes, Pomodoro, Jasmine & Pimiento also should be basically the same.

Have a great cruise and let us know when you get back the menus and if the order changes.

Edited by pamrose228

Will do. Hoping that some kind soul on this itinerary in the next few months can post.

Someone who did an Indy review recently said on the third night the menu was not good. Third night is San Juan but this person was on Western and I have no idea if it's the same rotation.

Have a great trip! Not looking forward to the late night in San Juan...We much prefer an early day there. It should be an adventure...

• 2 weeks later...

I am already eagerly awaiting your review! We sail on August 16 and I cannot find much regarding this itinerary. The evening stop in San Juan as thrown me for a loop!

I am already eagerly awaiting your review! We sail on August 16 and I cannot find much regarding this itinerary. The evening stop in San Juan as thrown me for a loop!

It's so funny that people that booked this itinerary are saying that (you are not the first person I have read that from). We actually booked this itinerary for the San Juan evening stop so we could do the Bio Bay kayak tour. Otherwise we would never have booked this one. However, I do want to go back and tour San Juan during the day also....someday!

The week I return is the week before school starts for us, and I am on the PTSA board, so it will be busy for me getting prepared, but I hope to at least post the compasses and other stuff even if I don't get the review done right away. I am a planning freak and it is killing me that I don't have a recent compass since our itinerary started and the new cruise director started, so I want to do it for others.

• 1 month later...

I am bumping this because I saw on a recent IOS Eastern Compass that dining times in San Juan are very different than other times.

Early seating, doors open at 6:30 and close at 7:30

Late seating doors open at 9:00 and close at 9:45

Windjammer is open until 10 pm.

Also the MDR is opened for lunch the day we go to SJ.

My compasses are in my suitcase in the back of my car so I don't remember the San Juan times (plus we were in the city for dinner). Here is the menu order for 7/19 sailing.

Sunday: mojo

Monday: saffron, formal

Tuesday: sage

Wednesday: pomodoro

Thursday: pimiento

Friday: jasmine, formal lobster

Saturday: shiitake

My compasses are in my suitcase in the back of my car so I don't remember the San Juan times (plus we were in the city for dinner). Here is the menu order for 7/19 sailing.

Sunday: mojo

Monday: saffron, formal

Tuesday: sage

Wednesday: pomodoro

Thursday: pimiento

Friday: jasmine, formal lobster

Saturday: shiitake

Thanks for posting! I hope you had a great trip! :D

Thanks for posting this.....now to find somewhere the actual menus are. The link posted is a bit out of date.

This review has some of them: Mojo, Saffron, Pimiento, and Pomodoro. Starts at post 63. I know I have seen the others somewhere, just can't find it, and I will post Sage this week once I download my photos. The link that's listed above looks like it was from a ship that wasn't sailing the Caribbean, because some of the entrees look country specific.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2227702&page=4

Edited by mickev99