SA or SC on Star?

texanaust

We have the option of booking either. SA is about $200 more pp but no balcony. We have cruised before in an SB on the Star,but have never seen the inside of either of these two suites. The SA is 12000, so one of the inboard suites. What are the pros and cons?

Also does anyone know the square footage of suite 12000? Thanks.

With SA you'll get three complimentary bottles of liquor and unlimited sodas/bottled waters in your cabin fridge. Also the floor to ceiling windows and the views from deck 12 suites are magnificent. For that price difference, my choice would be SA, hands down.

With SA you'll get three complimentary bottles of liquor and unlimited sodas/bottled waters in your cabin fridge. Also the floor to ceiling windows and the views from deck 12 suites are magnificent. For that price difference, my choice would be SA, hands down.

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know the square footage of 12000? Are these suites smaller or larger than the outside ones?

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know the square footage of 12000? Are these suites smaller or larger than the outside ones?

The inside ones are bigger and can sleep six and have two baths. How many in your group and are they adults or kids? The outside ones have great views from the living room but the living room on the inner ones has a big post in it.

The inside ones are bigger and can sleep six and have two baths. How many in your group and are they adults or kids? The outside ones have great views from the living room but the living room on the inner ones has a big post in it.

But they have 2 bedrooms. We are staying in 12000 in November. No kids, but my sister will be in the small one.

Having tried both I will say that the inside ones have more square footage, but less "space". Everything is very tight on the inside ones. The outer ones are our first choice and when available what we book exclusively. The living room becomes a sleeping area if needed. The dining room extends out the side of the ship and gives you the same view the Captain gets when docking, all the way down the side of the ship and straight down. Amazing views.

There will be three of us, 2 adults and one 14 year old. The second bedroom is nice, but having the open space of the outer suite would be great too. The SB we had was great, but to be honest, we did not use the balconies that much because it was quite cold. I'd book the Owners suite again, but no SB's available for this cruise, at least not at this time.

But they have 2 bedrooms. We are staying in 12000 in November. No kids, but my sister will be in the small one.

If you have the two rooms next to each other there is a foyer between the two and you can close the doors to the foyer and leave your individual room doors open to go between rooms.

There will be three of us, 2 adults and one 14 year old. The second bedroom is nice, but having the open space of the outer suite would be great too. The SB we had was great, but to be honest, we did not use the balconies that much because it was quite cold. I'd book the Owners suite again, but no SB's available for this cruise, at least not at this time.

If there are just 3 of you and no SBs available, I'd pick one of the outer DOS. The wall of windows in the living room is huge. The downside is the one bathroom and the master bedroom has to walk through the living room (off on the one side) to get to the bathroom.

In the pic you can see one of the fogged windows. Last report I've heard about a fogged window in the DOS has been awhile but then again, there isn't a lot of info that gets reported on for those rooms in general.

I saw some post drydock photos of the Star SBs and those had new carpeting. Not sure what they did, if anything, to the DOS since they were new back in 2010 on the Star. Maybe they put in the darker brown carpet as the lighter brown showed dirt and stains.

Here is a pic of 12002 on Star:

SAM_1260_zps980e9128.jpg

We were in SA 12500 in April, so the other inside. After the drydock.

My review has many photos of the suite in case that's helpful.

Thank you. A really comprehensive review and once I figured out all the acronyms, I was good. We had Roel as our concierge too and he was very good. Our butler was so-so. It seems to be hit and miss regarding whether you get a good butler or not. Our afternoon treats were not nearly as nice as yours. We never received a fruit plate, nor the cheese plate. Often it was just the dried out canapés or cookies...Nevertheless it was still a great cruise which is why we decided to book again.