Stockholm hotel?

I just booked a Northern Europe cruise for July 2016 and we plan to stay in Stockholm 2 days pre-cruise. We are looking for a hotel centrally located. I've just begun my research and know very little about this city, so I am counting on my fellow cruisecritic forum members and experts to help me out.

We LOVE THIS CITY

We arrived in Stockholm and took the bus into the city from the airport. Buy the Stockholm Pass at the airport as U exit the airport. However, with our Stockholm Pass we returned to the airport with the train. Both are covered with the Pass. We loved Stockholm. Very easy to get around. we walked and took the bus everywhere. We flew there following our cruise from Copenhagen to Norway.

If you are staying in Stockholm a wonderful place and inexpensive place to stay is the schooner anchored in the harbor. It is located Center of everything. It is actually a Youth Hostel. Do not worry about your age. We are in our 70's but there we older folks than us staying on the ship. We reserved the Navigator's Cabin. But a larger Captain cabin is also available. Or for as little as 30 dollars U can stay in the main Youth Hostel bldg. More info....

STF Youth Hostel af Chapman is located in Stockholm's city centre on the island Skeppsholmen. The af Chapman sailing ship has recently been renovated from keel to mast (2008), and is one of city's most famous landmarks. It overlooks Gamla Stan (the Old Town) and the Royal Palace.

Our reception is located in a beautiful yellow 19th-century building next to the boat. Its open 24 hours and also houses further accommodation.

Our ecological breakfast buffet is very popular

Need more info just ask. pcavera@mishoreline.com Bev

The above posts are somewhat helpful. What is the best location to be looking at that will give us easy access to the most sights?

Hi!

I've lived in Stockholm for a few years. Gamla Stan is the old town, not many hotels, but some good ones nearby.

Norrmalm is the newer city centre, with lots of shops. You can get anywhere with the subway (tunnelbanan).

Södermalm is the neighbourhood for young people and hipsters :D

I'd recommend staying in the Norrmalm neighbourhood.

I think it depends on whether or not this is your first visit. We stayed at the Sheraton on our first visit because of its proximity to Gamla Stan, where we wanted to sightsee and eat dinner. We loved being able to walk to quaint restaurants at night. Next time I would stay elsewhere because we've been there done that, but enjoyed the Sheraton for its location (and air conditioning).

• 3 weeks later...