Pre-Cruise Hotel-Quebec-River View Room

Hi - I am searching for a hotel in Quebec City for a 2-night stay pre-cruise.

Would love to have a suite with fireplace - and a view of the River -

Budget $400 -$450 per night - would love to find a "boutique" type of hotel - when I searched for "good river view" I get places like the Hilton

Any suggestions ?

THANKS !

Edited by I'll cruise anywhere

I have been to Québec City, but I have never stayed at a hotel, so I cannot recommend a specific place. I don't know which search engine you are using, but I found 13 hotels with rooms with fireplaces in the Old Québec City area. Many of these are boutique type hotels.

The Old Québec City area is in Lower Town, close to the Saint-Lawrence River and the port. However, you may be close to the Saint-Lawrence but that does not mean you will have a view. So, I would definitely check with the hotel for that.

Here is the link with the search (Québec Region tourism website):

http://www.quebecregion.com/en/where-to-sleep-hotels/accommodation-search/?s=12&lang=2&seed=5208&ad=1&hostingType=ThH%25C3%25B4tel&localisation=LocArr1-VxQc&othersParams=AmTcFoyerO

Given the geography of Quebec, those in lower Quebec are unlikely to have river views; the upper parts of the old town may have better views, but many face away from the river. There's always that great big one that appears in many photos, but I fear that you may not get both view and fire!

Stuart

Plenty of view rooms in the Chateau Frontenac; I've been in a few junior suites and regular rooms that definitely did not have fireplaces, but I'd be shocked if there were no rooms fitting both your criteria in this enormous and very old-school hotel (of course, they might cost an arm and a leg).

Others staying with us had a corner 'tower room' (with an actual round turret area, windows on two sides) which had views spanning a very wide range of river and old town. I don't know which category those fall under in the official list, so I'd call them if I were you.

Frankly though, the definitive view of Quebec City is the view OF Chateau Frontenac, not FROM it! A hotel across the river in Levis will give you those views all the time... or simply take the ferry over during your stay. A view from my room is the single least important thing for me in a hotel room, since such a small amount of time is spent hanging around in it!

Check out Auberge Saint-Antoine - it's right in front of Pier 22, so should have some river view rooms - although right now there's construction work being carried out on the parking lot adjoining the pier, so your view would probably include heavy equipment!