Videos of kid hanging off the Liberty

AtSeaWithChris

Daytime video

https://vimeo.com/193988464

One-handed at night video

https://vimeo.com/193988436

He also jumped from the bandstand into the pool and ran from security.

What an idiot. He has no idea what jeopardy he put himself in. And has no idea the consequences the whole ship could have faced.

There was a medical evacuation for a guy with a heart condition that could have been severely affected in addition to his own life that could have been lost. And where were the parents during all these times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OMG, if I caught my kid or found out about my kid doing something like that he wouldn't see the light of day for the rest of that trip, nor would he cruise with us again. This makes me furious. I am pretty sure my 10 year old has more common sense than that.

Was this from a cruise you were on? Who recorded it?

Wow, I saw the daytime video, but this is the first time seeing the one at night. I'm at a loss for words! You know if he fell, the parents would be suing Carnival! Hopefully they found out the idiot's name and his entire family is banned for life!!

As the parent and as a parent, that would be the last cruise I took my kid(s) on. You don't get the privilege of going on a wonderful cruise vacation and do something stupid like this. Next cruise I'm going without them and leaving them with a babysitter (or Military boarding school in this case)

OMG, if I caught my kid or found out about my kid doing something like that he wouldn't see the light of day for the rest of that trip, nor would he cruise with us again. This makes me furious. I am pretty sure my 10 year old has more common sense than that.

Was this from a cruise you were on? Who recorded it?

No, I don't know who recorded them.

My concern in all this is - how many teens are out there, watching this on Youtube, and thinking "Amateur, I can do better than that." I'm afraid this is just the start...

Sent from my Galaxy 4

I think that's one of the arguments that people have to not post stuff like this. I'm of the opinion that we must see this stuff and have a discussion of it. Sticking our head in the sand and pretending it didn't happen doesn't help.

This is sooooo life and death as well as other lifelong consequences that we must use it to help people learn.

It's not cute or fun it's stupid and irresponsible without concern for anyone.

My concern in all this is - how many teens are out there, watching this on Youtube, and thinking "Amateur, I can do better than that." I'm afraid this is just the start...

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Whoever commits such stupid acts, or assisted in committing such stupid acts (such as the person who filmed the video) should be kicked off the ship at the next port and be banned from sailing for life.

If that was my kid at the next port he would be on a plane back to the frozen north by himself with an angry uncle waiting for him at the other end!

No more vacations for him!

If it was my kid I would have marched them down to security and reported the incident(s) and requested them to keep him in the brig until we get back home and pray they don't boot all of us.at the next port.

Edited by MamallamaAndDaddy

The group of kids involved all should be banned for life. The sad part heard on tv tonight that the parents while saying the hope no one else is as stupid as their son. Are questioning why Carnival doesn't have more safeguards in place to prevent this type of thing

The group of kids involved all should be banned for life. The sad part heard on tv tonight that the parents while saying the hope no one else is as stupid as their son. Are questioning why Carnival doesn't have more safeguards in place to prevent this type of thing

That's a bunch of bull

Sent from my iPhone

They really said that? [emoji102][emoji51]

The safeguard is called common sense. You don't take a fork and stick it in a power socket to see if you can shock yourself to see if the circuit breaks in time.

The safeguard is called common sense. You don't take a fork and stick it in a power socket to see if you can shock yourself to see if the circuit breaks in time.

Just proves you don't need a license to have kids.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

That was the report on the tv at my doctors office this evening. Not 100% sure as they had the tv on cbs.

(This isn't directed at you, just quoting and thinking aloud)... Safeguards to prevent such a thing... well gee, there's a RAILING. Alrighty, let's not touch the railing kids. They've had to electrify it to prevent Darwinian's from climbing over it. I can remember when we used to lean on it and enjoy looking at the waves...

SMH...

(This isn't directed at you, just quoting and thinking aloud)... Safeguards to prevent such a thing... well gee, there's a RAILING. Alrighty, let's not touch the railing kids. They've had to electrify it to prevent Darwinian's from climbing over it. I can remember when we used to lean on it and enjoy looking at the waves...

SMH...

That's fine wasn't me questioning the safeguards it was reported that the parents of the bright young man did.