Park Royal Cozumel walk from port

jarofmar

Easy. You leave the port area and once you reach the main road, turn left which will be North and towards the town of San Miguel. Some landmarks on the way will be the International Pier where the RCI ships dock and the LA Ceiba El Cid hotel. Enjoy.

Easy. You leave the port area and once you reach the main road, turn left which will be North and towards the town of San Miguel. Some landmarks on the way will be the International Pier where the RCI ships dock and the LA Ceiba El Cid hotel. Enjoy.

Thank you!

Can you purchase a day pass for the resort? Do they have to be bought ahead or can you walk in and get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To the best of my knowledge they do not have advance reservations. We were there in November and enjoyed it very much. To elaborate on the above walking directions, while still on the ship you will see a huge palapa to your left. That is the covered entry. As you walk toward the resort you will turn right at that palapa and uphill to the desks. The desk to your left is the one you want. The day pass was $50 each and worth every penny, and we don't even drink alcohol. The desk to the right is the time share folks. I don't remember specifically what the pitch was but it was something like 90 minutes and the passes would be free. We've done that before elsewhere and it's just not our gig. Once you pay the pass fee you enter the property down a long staircase. There are three pools, one in the middle of the property and the other two out on the waterfront. You pass under the street via a short tunnel. There is a small private beach and there were folks snorkeling inside the buoys. To the right of the beach is the adult themed pool with music and folks getting hammered. To the left is a walk in infinity pool where there were a few families with small children and no loud music. When you are ready to leave you can walk through the property to the back and enter the shopping area that is right across from the terminal where RCI ports. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

To the best of my knowledge they do not have advance reservations. We were there in November and enjoyed it very much. To elaborate on the above walking directions, while still on the ship you will see a huge palapa to your left. That is the covered entry. As you walk toward the resort you will turn right at that palapa and uphill to the desks. The desk to your left is the one you want. The day pass was $50 each and worth every penny, and we don't even drink alcohol. The desk to the right is the time share folks. I don't remember specifically what the pitch was but it was something like 90 minutes and the passes would be free. We've done that before elsewhere and it's just not our gig. Once you pay the pass fee you enter the property down a long staircase. There are three pools, one in the middle of the property and the other two out on the waterfront. You pass under the street via a short tunnel. There is a small private beach and there were folks snorkeling inside the buoys. To the right of the beach is the adult themed pool with music and folks getting hammered. To the left is a walk in infinity pool where there were a few families with small children and no loud music. When you are ready to leave you can walk through the property to the back and enter the shopping area that is right across from the terminal where RCI ports. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Thanks for the great info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're very welcome. I forgot to mention that I have heard that if the property is full of renters they may not offer day passes. That said, it's a very short walk and if we had been turned away it would not have been a big deal to catch a cab to one of the regular beach clubs. When we factored in the cost of round trip cab fare to a non all inclusive beach club it made the cost more reasonable, particularly since lunch and snacks are included.

Thank you so much for the help!