1986 RCCL Brochure with pricing

Hi everyone, I am near the end of my Celebrity Reflection review and decided to show, page by page the RCCL brochure from 1986 when I was employed as a musician on the ship Song of Norway. See the accommodations and food offerings and most importantly the pricing back then. I haven't got to the pricing pages yet but when I do $100 in 1986 is now worth $220.89 so you can do the math at home if I don't get to it.

Photos and personal recollections by me will be sprinkled here and there. I did a total of 44 cruises on the ship beginning August 1985 before Labadee was opened as a port stop. 32 of those weeks were from March 1986 to November when I left the ship.

I hope the curious among you will pop over and say "hi".

The Brochure part starts on Page 45, near the bottom of the page-look for the One Phone Call... heading .

Here's the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2447364

32730697194_8cd82261ca_b.jpg

Norris

Very cool, thanks for sharing. My how cruising has changed in 30 years!

You are so right! Coincidentally, I found my RCCL brochure from 1996 just last weekend. That was the year of my first cruise on NCL. Time has a way of changing things.

We took our first cruise for our honeymoon on Song of Norway in October of 1986. To our great surprise we were invited to dine with the captain! Just celebrated our 30th on Allure. Quite a change from the Song of Norway!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Janet, if you were on the SON in October 1986 then so was I- my last cruise ended Nov 7th. I played 32 weeks in a row starting March 29th. Without the success of the Song of Norway there would have been no Allure. Royal have always lead the way I think in showing what's possible in cruise ship design and the Oasis class is a marvel of design and engineering. Celebrity Edge seems to be pushing the envelope too.

Cheers!

Norris

Just a head's up that I have posted the first couple of cruise itineraries in 1986 with pricing.

More to come each day.

Follow the link in post one.

Norris