Premium all inclusive coming to the UK

jetset763

Just announced at the London NCL event. From all bookings from 6th April NCL will be going All inclusive with all bookings made from UK on all 14 ships!. Booze, coffee, and tips/gratuities all included!

Haven guests will get an amount of free wifi and OBC And some more benefits...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jetset763

Sailings from The UK or bookings made through The UK site?
For bookings made through the UK site or through a UK travel agent (or through NCL's German and French language offices). The offer is for all ships other than POA (where they cannot offer the UBP) and the Sky (where everyone gets Open Bar already). And of course Norwegian Joy ;)

since March they offer all in at the POA too in germany, should at the other countrys the same or?
You're right, they are now saying it's all 14 ships of the fleet (still excluding Norwegian Joy). This is great news for POA. And I don't see how they can have the same terms for Norwegian Sky, since the whole "drinks up to $15" rules makes no sense on that ship.

That's interesting about the POA. We have a booking for next Summer that was at a really good price, but obviously no UBP. I suspect that the cost next week will be a lot more, but there is an appeal to having the package, even if the total price (after taking into account bar spend) ends up being a little more.

I'll have to have a look at prices.

Sounds like the only change is DSC included, as there has been UBP plus more included for years now. Wonder how much they will load the prices for $100 of DSC.

At least the lines of Brits at Guest Services wanting to remove their DSC will be no more - and we might get a ship homeporting in the UK now, as allegedly no staff wanted to work ex-UK routes for that reason.

Sounds like the only change is DSC included, as there has been UBP plus more included for years now.
But now they're giving the UBP to all guests (not just the first 2), and no longer excluding X category bookings. I know, this only makes a difference to a small fraction of customers. Plus the water/coffee, which again some people care about deeply.

The DSC included is only a big change for those people who have routinely avoided paying it in the past. Those customers will be unhappy with the new program, but I guess the whole point of the new program is to drive those customers away. (Yes, they can make the effort of booking through Miami in USD, and sending in a DSC refund request after the cruise, but I think the hope is that they just walk away from NCL altogether.)

NCL say there will be a mark up on all prices to cover the new All Inclusive package - but they are saying you will save up to £1200.

How can you save money if they are marking the prices up??

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How can you save money if they are marking the prices up??
You save money compared to the retail price of the UBP ($79/day + 18%), because they (hopefully) won't be adding that much to the all-inclusive cruise fare. But these days very few people are actually paying anywhere near that much for the UBP, so the savings are imaginary.

You save money compared to the retail price of the UBP ($79/day + 18%), because they (hopefully) won't be adding that much to the all-inclusive cruise fare. But these days very few people are actually paying anywhere near that much for the UBP, so the savings are imaginary.

"hopefully". I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked an Xmas/New Year cruise on the Spirit for Dec '18 a few days ago. I chose UBP and $100pp OBC as my perks. The price seemed reasonable to me, but I will be keeping an eye on the new prices. It may be cost effective for me to cancel and lose my 100 pounds deposit and then rebook when the new prices are out, the DSC for my cruise are quoted at 187 pounds for us both.

But now they're giving the UBP to all guests (not just the first 2), and no longer excluding X category bookings. I know, this only makes a difference to a small fraction of customers. Plus the water/coffee, which again some people care about deeply.

The DSC included is only a big change for those people who have routinely avoided paying it in the past. Those customers will be unhappy with the new program, but I guess the whole point of the new program is to drive those customers away. (Yes, they can make the effort of booking through Miami in USD, and sending in a DSC refund request after the cruise, but I think the hope is that they just walk away from NCL altogether.)

Youve reminded me of another positive from this.....they always used to exclude bookings made in the few months before departure from the UBP. Presumably now its included whenever you book under this scheme.

I am not happy about that - we have it in germany and I know - I do not drink a lot - and I am traveling solo.

Norwegian has 200 % single rate (sometimes more!)

Price without these perks (same 7 day cruise, same ship, same date) 900 € single balcony, price in germany with these all incl things: 1984 €

I have to add 100 $ for tip, maybe 150 $ for drinks...

And that´s a reduced fare, last minute, off season... regular fare for this cruise was 1800 € double occupancy, 3600 € solo.

We had a drinking package at a transatlantic cruise (lots of sea days, many opportunities to order drinks on board) and we have to learn, that on most days we ordered less than 5 drinks - soda and coffee specialities included - per day.

So in my opinion advantage for Norwegian - you pay twice the price.....

I spent a while playing with the NCL websites for Netherlands & Germany (same currency) (you need a VPN otherwise you will be always redirected to your countries website) - the premium all inclusive offered in Germany was never cheaper than a cabin booked on the Netherlands with UBP offer and adding in the daily service charges.

Just announced at the London NCL event. From all bookings from 6th April NCL will be going All inclusive with all bookings made from UK on all 14 ships!. Booze, coffee, and tips/gratuities all included!

Haven guests will get an amount of free wifi and OBC And some more benefits...

And passengers will be paying twice as much and believe they are getting something free.

I am not happy about that - we have it in germany and I know - I do not drink a lot - and I am traveling solo.

Norwegian has 200 % single rate (sometimes more!)

Price without these perks (same 7 day cruise, same ship, same date) 900 € single balcony, price in germany with these all incl things: 1984 €

I have to add 100 $ for tip, maybe 150 $ for drinks...

And that´s a reduced fare, last minute, off season... regular fare for this cruise was 1800 € double occupancy, 3600 € solo.

We had a drinking package at a transatlantic cruise (lots of sea days, many opportunities to order drinks on board) and we have to learn, that on most days we ordered less than 5 drinks - soda and coffee specialities included - per day.

So in my opinion advantage for Norwegian - you pay twice the price.....

So book thru the USA then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's definitely a rotten deal if you're paying 200% :( and if you're not interested in unlimited drinks. The offer is clearly designed to appeal to some segments of the market more than others.

The offer is clearly designed to appeal to some segments of the market more than others.

Those that really wanted coffee and bottled water? I think the people it most appeals to is NCL executives.

So book thru the USA then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did that.... But it seems they try to roll this out everywhere. Hopefully they offer the cruise without perks in the US in the future and allow foreigners to book. (Princess cruise for example doesn ' t)

People who travel 2 or more to a cabin vs solo cruisers. People who want unlimited alcohol vs light or non-drinkers. People who don't want to see an additional service charge vs those who prefer to see it separately. People who just want to make one decision about their holiday vs those that like to research offers and mix and match options and are willing to put a lot of effort into customizing their cruise and getting the lowest price.

Not a good idea for any number of reasons such as:

• non-alcohol drinkers
  • non-soda drinkers
  • solo travelers
  • additional service charges
  • non-speciality coffee drinkers or non coffee drinkers
  • non-speciality diners
  • no need for bottled water since water on board is safe to drink

These changes will only serve to raise cruise prices and take away your choice of options. Let's hope bookings drop and the all-inclusives go quietly away.

Let's not forget that NCL is not in the same league as Silver Seas, etc.. where you pay a much higher fare but do not have to make reservations for dining, shows and the passenger/staff ratio is higher. All-inclusive will still not cover shore excursions either.

MARAPRINCE